With the announcement of the next generation of the in-memory platform SAP HANA we have changed the Release and Maintenance Strategy:
- New capabilities are introduced twice a year, every time a new SAP HANA Support Package Stack (SPS) is released.
This happens normally beginning of April and end of July.
- SAP is providing bug fixes and security patches for every SPS between RTC of the next and the first subsequent SPS.
- We recommend that maintenance timelines and project go live dates are adjusted to this release schedule.
- Customer can upgrade to any available Revision of a new SPS at any point in time.
- Starting with SAP HANA 2.0 SPS00, SAP will not explicitly declare a DSP anymore.
- DSP status is automatically given with RTC of a new SPS.
For customers running earlier versions please see SAP Note 2021789 for details on the Revision and Maintenance Strategy for SAP HANA 1.0