Along our SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 blog series, we’d like to talk about one important cross-topic: extensibility.
We live in a world where applications, products, and people are connected. To foster the adoption of cloud applications. There are two key aspects to successful cloud applications: a consumer grade and personalizable UX, and easy extensibility options.
We are dividing it in three main areas: UI adaptations, In-app extensibility and side by side extensibility.
1. First, UI adaptation, which optimizes the personalization of SAP S/4HANA Cloud screens (see Picture 1). Those changes will not impact the configuration for other users, but provide a greater user experience for individuals.
Picture 1: Add a new field via UI adaptation
2. Second, in-app extensibility. The purpose of in-app extensibility is to increase end-user productivity via the smart adaptation of the application (see Picture 2). The various extensibility tools we provide here are aimed at the key users. They can adapt terminology, custom forms, fields, reports and process logic throughout the application.
It can also be used to enhance the business processes via application interfaces. As a key user, you can find the dedicated application development tools on the Fiori Launchpad. For the SAP experts of us: development transactions such as SE80 are no longer needed.
Picture 2: Create custom logic with in app extensibility
3. Third, side by side extensibility. This form of extensibility is supported by development and integration on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP). You can use the HCP to define new custom business processes, or to change existing processes by calling side by side apps.
Focusing now on side by side extensibility, we are leveraging SAP HCP, SAP’s open platform-as-a-service to build, extend, and integrate applications. Here, you can develop your custom apps, add-ons, and exchange data with other solutions. SAP HCP functionalities help extend already existing scenarios: UX changes, app enhancements, and more.
What’s in it for you? Check this video to understand the key benefits:
Now that you know more about extensibility in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, let me reiterate my call to action: start now, with your business innovation. What scenario makes the most sense for your business: extend, integrate or build?SAP offers this proven cloud platform that enables you to rapidly develop new applications or extend existing ones. It’s your call.For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 Release Highlights
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Info Page
- Find out more about the top innovations and best practices for all the cloud editions here
- Discover which features, documentation, and services are available for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 with the Feature Scope Description
- Learn about the new and changed features in this latest release in the What’s New documentation