SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central enables our customers to leverage the Core Human Resources function to proactively create the right infrastructure for success through a locally-compliant solid foundation that is designed to cultivate value-based relationships with the technology and process that provide unmatched efficiencies that scale based on needs. Every quarter, new enhancements are delivered to ensure our 1,350+ users are able to redefine how Core HR contributes to business objectives.
This quarter’s release offers enhancements that impact your Core HR strategy for all of your people – in your permanent and contingent workforce – throughout the key areas of our solution: 1) people data, organization and position management, and localization, and 2) benefits administration, 3) time and attendance, and 4) payroll.
People Data, Organization and Position Management, and Localization
- The boomerang workforce is a very real phenomenon and you need the right tools to support it. Seventy-six percent of HR organizations say that rehiring former employees is an increasing practice in their companies. While your business may be too good for many alumni to stay away from, having to re-enter data or take in old data that is no longer relevant wastes valuable time. Now you can configure the default setting to identify existing data held in inactive employment that should default in the rehire screen. Default data includes personal, job, and compensation information.
- Scaling your Core HR functionality to support payscale progression is not a nice to have, it’s a must have. SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework (MDF) is continually being enhanced to ensure that customers are able to quickly and easily extend Employee Central. Our Q4 2016 release includes OffCycleEventBatch, an object with a filter condition and associated rules that can be configured to capture only those records that meet the desired criteria. The associated rules can be used to further filter conditions, if required, and the action (SET) that must be taken on the record. This is a fancy way of saying that employees records associated with certain rules, such as a payroll scheme linked to retirement or collective agreement that automatically requires a percentage increase in salary per year will be generated as part of a batch update.
- Being global shouldn’t mean that you can’t be local. Globalization, particularly in emerging economies, continues to be a major factor in business growth; although the guarantee of predictable growth appears to be behind us. We continue to invest in localizing Employee Central so that you can focus on creating and executing competitive people strategies in all of the markets that you serve. In this quarter’s release, you are now able to maintain country specific employee data, such as National ID, Personal Information, Home Address and Corporate Address, Personal Document Types, Disability Information, and Job Information for your workforce in Malta and Tanzania.
- Getting out of the way of your employees. Having access to work permit documentation is a critical need for many members of your workforce. Why complicate matters by separating employees from their own data? It will only add time and frustration. Now, you can enable your employees to maintain their personal documents and work-permit data through workflows that trigger approvals via the Work Permit portlet.
- What to do when not everyone in your workforce is on your payroll. Managing your workforce can feel like orchestrating a very complicated symphony. You need the right tools to enable synchronization and to break down silos between HR and procurement. Thanks to new user capabilities including single-sign on and integration enhancements between SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Fieldglass, you are able to be the maestro of your total workforce. From EC position management, a user can initiate a requisition request for a contingent worker. Data from the vacant position in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central automatically populates the requisition template in SAP Fieldglass and voila, the requisition is ready to be staffed with the most qualified external worker. Data from the external worker populates SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central contingent worker profile. Can’t you hear the crowd cheering for an encore?
- When it comes to employee benefits, the value is in the details. Providing insurance carriers with timely and accurate information is mission critical to support today’s workforce. Receiving it in the correct file format reduces error for all. We accomplish this by delivering automatic file transfers in the appropriate format with an EDI File between employers and insurance carriers.
- Extra help with employee benefits decisions goes a long way. Let’s be honest, employee benefits can be very complicated in today’s highly regulated environment. Sometimes even with the best of intentions, employees may not have chosen the right deduction or signed up for the right plan. You know, the old saying that two heads are better than one. That definitely applies when it comes to viewing employee’s benefits. In this case, administrators can view employee selections on behalf of an employee to support them as needed.
Time & Attendance
- When it comes to time off, your system should be smart enough to know that employees cannot be two places at once. Stuff happens. Sometimes employees take a vacation and catch a cold. This quarter’s release eliminates the nightmare of administrators sifting through employee time records and manually adjusting multiple recordings of time off during the same time period. Through this quarter’s release of split and delimit of absences functionality, collision checks for absences are enhanced in a way that it is possible to automatically split and delimit e.g. the vacation when the illness is registered.
- Transform flexible work schedules administration from headache to engagement differentiator. No wonder 52% of our customer base offers flexible work schedules to their employees. Research shows that when you put the power of working time into the hands of the workforce, it’s good for business and delivers strong financial outcomes. The challenge for HR departments has been in managing individual employee schedules that change on a daily basis. This quarter’s release offers Working Time Accounts. This new capability enables each employee’s time recording to get balanced over a specified period of time, allowing for positive and negative time recorders. Employees are able to manage their own time within the rules you put into place through visibility into their working time account balances. They can work longer to accommodate heavy workloads and switch to lighter schedules when the workload decreases.
- When just one position won’t do, you need a payroll solution to support concurrent employment. Accurately paying employees who hold two positions in a company doesn’t have to be hard. This quarter’s enhancements allows you to process payroll for concurrent employment. What’s so special about that? Your employees who hold two assignments are issued one pay statement with taxes calculated appropriately based on salaries from both roles.
- Turns out, your employees in Egypt and Oman want to get paid too. Our customers are some of the best global businesses in the world. They look for the right talent wherever they do business. We are committed to enabling our customers with local country payroll capabilities so that they can support their workforce wherever they operate. With the addition of Egypt and Oman in this quarter’s release, Employee Central Payroll now covers 40 countries.
- Simplification and efficiency are music to payroll’s ears. Sometimes, you just have to rethink the status quo. No one likes to waste time with added steps. Thanks to enhancements in this quarter’s release, payroll administrators are now able to skip IT requests to test and transport changes into production environments. That’s right! It’s true – users are able to maintain configuration for Payroll Control Center directly in the production environment. Goodbye development and test systems. In production environment the following use cases are now possible:
- Create and maintain processes and policies
- Adjust the list of payroll areas for which a process is executed
- Adjust the list of policies and validation rules used in payroll monitoring
- Adjust team members assigned to a process
- Change analytics used in payroll monitoring
- Maintain payroll process recurrences
- When not all days are created equal, your time management system can be flexible enough to accommodate. Working time accounts allow a more flexible handling of employee working time.Time valuation compares per day the planned working time with the employee’s recorded times. You can set up what times (absences, attendances) shall be considered for this comparison. Time valuation calculates real time the difference and books the difference immediately upon time recording to a time account. These time accounts are called “Working time accounts”.The working time account balance is displayed in the time sheet so that the employee can see upon time recording his or her balance.
Plus, don’t forget to check out the latest report from Gartner, where SAP SuccessFactors received the highest score in two use cases in the Critical Capabilities Report for Cloud HCM Suites for Large Global Enterprises and European Headquartered Midmarket organizations.