This blog summarizes the insights and highlights at a glance for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 just released.
We are very happy to announce the availability of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611, adding many innovative features based on customer and partner feedback. With the brand new SAP S/4HANA Finance Cloud edition, a significantly enriched scope across the board, and extensibility capabilities, we have reached another important milestone in our journey to help customers run simple in the cloud.
From the more than 100 scope items and multiple enhancements across all the editions, as well as additional localizations and many more self-service UIs, we would like to bring a few highlights from each edition to your attention. Please check the 4 quarter rolling roadmap for details and what to come next.
The fourth shipment of this year for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, includes updates for:
- SAP S/4HANA Finance Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud
See this video for a quick overview:
SAP S/4HANA Finance Cloud
The latest addition to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud family, SAP S/4HANA Finance Cloud, offers 40 new scope items and provides reporting capabilities for both external financial disclosures and real-time controlling to enable intelligent business decisions. Processes can run seamlessly across cloud solutions to connect finance processes to other operations, including procurement, sales, and human resources, enabling customers to streamline their entire financial value chain. I would say this is your “starting ERP in the cloud” solution.
Here are just a few of the highlights of this new edition:
- Enterprise Consistency through Universal Journal – Insight from a single source of truth for external disclosures and for management reporting
- Soft Financial Close Anytime – Allows finance professionals to see the financial status of the company at any time without the need to wait for period-end batch jobs
- Extensibility for Finance with SAP HANA® Cloud Platform – New end-to-end integration capabilities let customers augment their core finance capabilities with the SAP RealSpend solution and the SAP Financial Statement Insights Web application
- Integration to SAP SuccesFactors, so you cover key needs of HR and Finance, all with one Red dot awarded User Experience, SAP Fiori
SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Cloud
This SaaS ERP solution allows customers to run their mission-critical core enterprise processes end to end in the cloud. Here are a few highlights from the latest release:
- Analytics for Stock Champion – Simplifies decision-making in the consumer products industry by providing a holistic, real-time view of both stock at risk and short supply in one application
- Advanced Available-to-Promise Processing – Enhances the built-in availability check features and focuses on performance, simplicity, and integration
- Quality Management in Discrete Manufacturing – Allows users to complete quality inspection activities in discrete production quickly and easily
SAP S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud
With native integration to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, SAP Jam, and SAP Ariba, this edition makes it easy to manage customer and internal projects with total transparency and in real time. Here are a few highlights from the latest release:
- Resource Management – Project-Based Services – Helps resource managers monitor and analyze resource utilization and the staffing of resource requests
- Master Data Catalog for Professional Services Cloud – Provides a central entry point to documentation on master data and offers an overview of the main master data objects
- Social Collaboration Integration – Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Jam enables social collaboration to solve business problems and improve results
SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud
Understand the real-time intent of each customer and dynamically deliver contextually relevant experiences across channels
- Consumer and Customer Profiling – You can take advantage of the new score, “Best Sending Time,” to maximize the impact of your emails at the individual level. This new capability leverages contact behavior to increase awareness and reduce response time.
- Segmentation and Campaign Execution:
- Customers can utilize Flow-based Campaign Design. This editable flow for email campaigns can include follow-up triggers – such as one-time, trigger-based, and periodic – making it easy for marketing experts to structure and schedule campaign automation. Planning waves of campaigns with the “What you see is what you get” approach.
- The Customer Journey Manager* is available on the yaas and can be accessed from SAP S/4HANA Marketing Cloud to have an End-to-end process flow for customer engagement and to turn ideas into action and automate campaign execution. (*Separate product with its own license)
- Commerce Marketing – Easily compose newsletters to promote products based on the recommendations relevant for the intended recipients. Layout options provide flexibility to feature different components including pictures, text, price, and links.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 Release Highlights
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Info Page
- Find out more about the top innovations and best practices for all the cloud editions here
- Discover which features, documentation, and services are available for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1611 with the Feature Scope Description
- Learn about the new and changed features in this latest release in the What’s New documentation