Overcapacity, slumping global steel prices, increasing competition, and ongoing digitalization is driving metal companies to transform their business and consider new business models. Thought leading Metals Companies are using digital technologies such as analytics and a strong ERP backbone to expand into new areas and focus on improving product quality, profitability or service levels. Outstanding customer satisfaction is crucial to ongoing success. Comprehensive and effective internal sales communication is one key element to support a customer focused business approach.
Salzgitter Mannesmann Pipe is one example of a company using digital to transform its quotation processes. The company is working with SAP Hybris to provide sales personnel with the critical customer data and specifications at a mouse click. It facilitates work between sales, technical consulting, and production planning teams and allows unresolved questions in tender processes to be clarified swiftly. Inquiries are attributed clearly to different projects to boost efficiency and close information gaps.
SAP hybris Cloud for Customer solution helped Salzgitter Mannesmann Pipe
- to establish seamless interaction between sales, technical consulting, and production planning.
- Provided access to customer and order data anywhere and anytime
- Introduced accurate planning based on comprehensive data
The SAP solution helped to meet their objectives:
- Optimize interdepartmental flow of information
- Consolidate heterogeneous data sources
- Accelerate creation of quotations and respond to inquiries directly
Click here to learn more about digital transformation in the Metals industry. Benchmark your Digital Readiness against other metals and mill producrts companies by taking this short benchmarking survey.