Being an SAP Business Intelligence Administrator, many of us must have come across a requirement where the user details and its respective group details were required.
As a part of admin activities we always perform user review activity on quarterly basis for all of our SAP Business Intelligence/Objects servers.
I have always tried my best to get the user details from SAP Business Objects repository, however did not find any easiest way to do so. Query Builder queries are useful for getting such details but need more manual work.
I have heard that SAP Business Intelligence 4.2 SP03 onward, SAP has given an option for administrators so that we can get some specific details from the SAP Business Objects repository.
We have not migrated our clients to SAP Business Intelligence 4.2 version yet, so this would be useful for us only in the foreseeable future.
So finally I have taken the initiative for creating an utility which will fetch the user group details from the SAP Business Objects repository and will provide the output in the excel format.
I have developed this utility using the JAVA SDKs which uses the libraries of SAP Business Intelligence 4.1 version.
In order to use this utility with your SAP Business Objects servers, please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download the zip file from the below link and extract it. It has the JAR file.
1. Replace “jarfilename” with the name of this utility.
2. Provide the IP address for SAP Business Objects server(BOServerIP).
3. Provide the Username/Password to login to SAP Business Objects server(Userid/Password).
4. This utility will only work with enterprise authentication since I have hard coded it in the source code.
5. Output will be generated in an excel file and the file will be generated at the same location from where you will run this utility.
6. Once the file is generated you will get the path of this file in command prompt itself. File name would be “Details.xlsx”
7. This utility was compiled with JAVA 8 so please ensure you have JAVA 8 installed on the system from where you will run it.
8. Please ensure that you use enterprise administrator user only to run it.
Step 4: Generated excel file would be in the below format.
Generated excel file will have columns as below.
1) User ID
2) Full Name
3) Email Address
4) Status (Enabled or Disabled)
5) Last Logon Time
6) Creation Time
7) License Type (Named User License Or Concurrent Access License)
8) Group Details (This will have information about all the groups where the respective user belongs. If any user is a part of multiple groups then the output will be in comma separated format such Everyone, Administrators and so on)
This utility is tested with SAP Business Intelligence 4.1 and Business Intelligence 4.2 versions only. I am going to develop the same utility for SAP Business Objects 3.1 version as well and will share it soon.