This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2016.22. Please refer to the release notes for more details.
Highlights of this release include:
- A simpler, more efficient main navigation menu
- Self-service setup of connections to on-premise data sources
- Filter your data when you export a model to CSV
- Report-Styling template for tables
A simpler, more efficient main navigation menu
We’ve redesigned our main navigation menu – it’s not only simpler, but more importantly you can now create and browse stories, models, and other content directly with a single click from the menu.
You can now use a new privilege called “Private Files” to restrict users from creating or uploading private content.
- By default, the Viewer role does not have the Private Files privilege
- Without this privilege, a user can still create discussions and pin charts/tables and add notes to their home screen
- Learn more about the standard application roles and how to assign roles to users
Core: Data Integration
Self-service setup of connections to on-premise data sources
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud allows you to acquire data from on-premise data sources including SAP BW, SAP BPC NW, SAP BPC MS, and SAP BI 4.x universes. We’re made it easier for you to set up connections to these on-premise data sources, and the good news is that you can do all of this right within your SAP BusinessObjects Cloud system without having to involve SAP Support or IT.
- All of the information you need to set up an on-premise data acquisition connection is available within the application, including instructions and links for downloading and configuring SAP HANA Cloud Connector, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Agent, and SAP Java Connector (JCO)
- Learn how to create an import data connection
Assign read/write access to teams for the Version dimension
Now in addition to restricting read/write access to individuals for the Version dimension, you can do the same for teams defined in your SAP BusinessObjects Cloud system.
Filter your data when you export a model to CSV
Need to limit what you export to CSV from your models? You can now filter on dimensions when you export a model as a file. You can also export one hierarchy and choose either the lowest level (default) or all hierarchy levels.
We are aware of your desire to export from stories as well. We’re working on it! We look forward to having something for you in the near future.
Core: Data Analysis, Stories, and Tables
Auto-selected data source for charts
When you add a new chart to your story, it automatically selects the last data source that you used. You do not have to select the data source unless you want to change it.
- Please note the auto-selection of data sources applies only to charts and tables on a story canvas
- If you want to change the data source for a chart that already has data, you’ll see a popup advising you that doing so will clear the chart
- Learn more about creating charts
Report-Styling template for tables
In addition to the default template, you can now apply a new Reporting Styling template to your tables that is based on IBCS standards.
- After you apply one of the templates, you can still do additional formatting and modify individual cells
- Within Explorer (Data View), this Report Styling template is applied by default
- Learn more about working with tables
Dynamic resizing of numeric point charts
When the font size is set to “default”, your numeric point charts will now adjust their font size according to the chart size. You can also now choose whether to show or hide your value and footnote labels separately.
Core: Location Analytics
Choropleth and hierarchy support for geo models using live SAP HANA connections
Choropleth layers are great for visualizing dimensions and measures on a map with shaded geographical hierarchies. Now in this release, choropleth and hierarchies are supported when working with geo models based on data from remote HANA systems.
- Note: To take advantage of this enhancement, you must download and import the new version of the delivery unit. You can find it in the Software Download Center within the SAP Support Portal by searching for GEO CONTENT BOBJ Cloud 1.0. Please note you will need to use your Support Portal S-user ID associated with your HANA Spatial software to access it. See SAP Note 2395407 for instructions.
- Learn how to add a choropleth layer
- Learn how to create a geo map
- Release notes for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud 2016.22
- Video tutorials
- SAP BusinessObjects Help Resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2016.21
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2016.20
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2016.19
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud release 2016.18
- Summary of new features for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud – July/Aug 2016