A common question I get asked in SAP Business One Support is, what changes are made in the new patch release of SAP Business One DI API and UI API. The answer here is an easy one!
SAP Business One Support have created an SDK COM Objects Change Report that is updated with every patch release and is available for our partners to check the changes for themselves.
In this blog post, I am sharing the DLL change document which shows the differences in DLLs between two patches.
Use the link below to access this document:
It will provide you the following information:
- Contents removed in a patch.
- Contents added in a patch.
- Contents modified in a patch.
Document contains the information as below:
- Namespace: It will tell you a scope that contains a set of related objects. This will include SAPbobsCOM and SAPbouiCOM.
- ClassName: A blueprint which defines the data and behavior of a type like: BusinessPartnerClass, ChartsofAccountClass etc.
- MemberType: A property that can be used to determine the member type of any given member. It will simply describe whether it is a method, property, enumeration or TypeInfo etc.
- MemberName: Gets the name of the current member like ‘Add’ , ‘SetCurrentLine’ , ‘Choose’ etc.
- BaseType: Gets the type from which the current Type directly inherits like System_COMObject, System.Void,System.ValueType,System.Object etc.
- PropertyType: Gets a Type object that represents the type (the class or structure) that contains the property like System.String, System.Int32 etc.
- Read/Write: Specifies whether a property is read only or read/write property.
Note: Changes in existing methods/property/Enum shows the comparative changes with previous patch level.
Update: (December 11, 2020) SAPbouiCOM and SAPbobsCOM DLL difference for SAP Business One Version 10.0 PL04 (Feature Package 2011) has been updated.