How to use SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Add-in for Microsoft Outlook integration
This Blog details out how to use the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer (C4C) Add-in for Microsoft Outlook to accomplish daily business tasks. This blog assumes that you have already installed the add-in and have complete initial set up and synchronization. This Blog also addresses common problems that occurs during synchronization.
1. Working with Appointments
You can create appointments in Outlook and synchronize it with C4C. You can also synch up the appointments you have created in C4C to Outlook and then send it to the attendees.
You can create and manage your appointments in your Outlook as you normally do. And when the appointment is important to be considered as a sales activity for a customer or opportunity, you can add it to C4C. Further any changes you do with this appointment you can synchronize it with C4C and keep the appointment up-to-date in C4C and use it in reports in C4C. This way you can use make the best use of the capabilities of the both products and increase your productivity.
1.1 Creation of Appointment:
- You can create appointment just as you do create any other appointment.
- To synch an appointment that is already sent to attendees you can use the “Add Appointment “
- For a newly created appointment you can use “Save, Send and Synch Appointment”
This in a single click will send the appointment to all attendees from your Outlook and will synch it to C4C simultaneously.
1.2 Changing of Appointments:
- You can change the appointment in Outlook and use “Save send and Synch appointment” to save the changes, send the updates to attendees and also synch the changes to C4C.
- The changes include the following:
- Changes in date/time.
- Adding/Deleting attendees
- Accepting the new time proposal
- Appointment you create or change in C4C is automatically synched up with Outlook, once the appointment synchronizes to Outlook, you would get a pop up message as shown below:
You can then use the ICON on your startup menu bar and send the changes to the attendee via Outlook.
You can then choose the appointment you want to send in the pop up and it would be sent to attendees
1.3 Deletion of Appointments:
- You can delete the synched appointments in Outlook using the Delete Appointment.
- If you use Cancel Meeting from Actions then the Appointment will not be deleted in C4C.
- You can also delete appointment in C4C by setting the appointment to “cancelled” status or by deleting it. This will be automatically synched to Outlook.
1.4 Associating Appointments with the Accounts/Opportunities in C4C:
- You can search and pin up the Account you are working with on the side panel of “SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer”. You will see all the Open Opportunities, Activities, Sales quotes, etc. of the Account.
- You can drag and Drop the Appointment that you want to associate with the Opportunity like shown in the picture. You can create an association between the Opportunity and the Appointment.
1.5 Calendar View:
In calendar view, you can right click on the appointment and choose Add appointment to synch up the appointment to C4C or Delete appointment to delete an already synched appointment.
1.6 Few reasons why appointment might not be synching up with C4C
- You might not have added the appointment by clicking in “Add”.
- You might not have used “Delete” appointment but cancel in Outlook. This does not delete the appointment in C4C.
- You might have created a recurring appointment in Outlook. This is not supported and hence your appointment might not synch properly.
2. Working with Tasks
You can create tasks in Outlook and synch with C4C. You can also synch the task you have created in C4C to your Outlook.
You can create tasks using Outlook as you normally do and synch up these tasks to C4C which are important from sales activities point of view to C4C.
2.1 Creation of task:
- You can create a task from Outlook and you can synch up with C4C using Add task
- If you create a task and assign another processor then the task will not be synched up to C4C properly. So only task created and assigned for yourself would be synched up to C4C correctly.
2.2 Changes to the task:
- You can change tasks on Outlook and synch up the tasks automatically when you save.
- You can also receive any changes to the task in C4C automatically via Synchronization process.
2.3 Deletion of tasks:
- You can delete the task using the “Remove task”
- If you use the Delete from the tool bar, then the task will only be deleted in Outlook and not synchronized to C4C.
- You can also delete tasks in C4C using the delete ICON in List view of task. This will automatically delete the task in C4C. If you set the task to cancel in C4C, it does not delete the task in Outlook.
2.4 Associating the task with Accounts/Opportunities etc. in C4C:
- You can drag and drop the task on the object you want to associate the task with in Outlook. This will automatically synch back the task to C4C and create the association.
2.5 Few reasons why tasks might not be synching up in C4C.
- You might have created a task and assigned it to a colleague. This case is not supposed hence task will not synchronize properly.
- You might have used Delete instead of Remove task in Outlook. This will not synch up and delete task in C4C.
- You might have set task to cancel status in C4C. This will not synch up to Outlook and delete the task. To do so you need to use the delete ICON in the list view of the task.
3. Working with Emails
3.1 Synching emails to C4C:
You can synch email you have sent or received from Outlook to C4C by using Add Email.
C4C does not provide ability to create emails. You can use Outlook to create emails and add them to C4C. That way you can keep the trail of communication that is important from a business point of view.
You can associate the emails to Account/Opportunities etc. in Outlook and synch it to C4C.
3.2 Associating emails to Account/Opportunities etc:
You can drag and drop the email on the object in the right pane to create associations of emails to Objects.
3.3 Few reasons your email might not be synching up:
- If you have an email with attachment with a file type that is not registered in C4C, then the attachment might not be synch up to C4C with email. Please let your administrator know.
4. Working with Contacts in Outlook
You can synch up the contacts which you have created in Outlook. This provides a quick way to create contacts and synch up contacts in C4C. You can then enrich the contact in C4C later.
4.1 Synching Contacts to C4C:
You can create contact by just clicking add contact button on the side panel of SAP Hybris cloud for customer
4.2 Creating Contacts for Accounts and Synching to C4C.
You can create a contact and associate it with the Account. To do that you can go to “SAP Cloud for customer contacts” folder in People view of the Outlook, create a “New Contact”
You can then enter the details of the contact and click on “Add Contact”
You can then click on the Add reference.
You can search the Account you want to associate the contact to and then click Add Reference. This will then synch back to C4C and add the contact to Account.
5. Some useful Tips while working with C4C Add-in
5.1 SAP C4C releases updates every release that is scheduled quarterly and optionally some updates to correct bugs with Hotfixes which is updated between releases. Make sure you have the latest C4C add-in. Although you need to update the add-in regularly, we highly recommend to update the add-in at least after the quarterly release and after Hotfix deployment if solution is provided in Hotfix for the bug you reported.
If Add-in is pushed via IT please do contact your IT for the latest add-in version.
5.2 Your administrator can set up the add-in to notify you, when a new version is available via configuration. By default it is enabled to notify when a new version is available, but your administrator might have configured not to notify you via Action restriction for Business role. This is done via
Administration-> Business roles-> Fields and Actions-> Business Actions Restrictions
If the system is set up to notify you, on your first log-on after the new version is available, you will get the following pop-up message to update the add-in.
5.3 If for some reason, when you update the add-in, if it does not work, try deleting the add-in and then installing again with new version.
5.4 If you observe side panel of C4C suddenly disappearing from your outlook, check if outlook has disabled the add-in automatically. Then you might have to enable the add-in for synchronization to start working again.