In my previous articles, I explained Smart Business Service and how to subscribe it in HANA Cloud Platform.
- SAP Smart Business Service – Create Analytic Content in HCP without Coding
- How to Subscribe to SAP Smart Business Service
- SAP Smart Business Service Roles
- Create KPI and Tiles
In this article, we will learn how to create and manage alerts in Smart Business Service.
How to Create and Manage Smart Business Alert
Below section will explain how to create alert and how to use it. Make sure you have configured BusinessSystem and OAuth Client as described in section “Register Smart Business as OAuth Client with OAuth Service”.
- Create a KPI based using BusinessSystem00. Use Purchase entity and WeightedAverageRating measure.
2. Create an evaluation using the KPI and provide a threshold values.
3. Create and publish tile for this KPI and evaluation.
4. Go to Workspace and select the KPI à Evaluation. Click on Subscribe Alert.
5. Provide alert description, alert owner and alert recipient email ids.
6. Click on Save and you will see the Alert in pending state as below.
7. The alert owner will get an email which will provide details of the alert and link to approve the alert.
8. Alert owner can click on the link to approve the alert.
9. It redirect to OAuth authorization page. Click on Approve to approve the alert.
10. Finally the alert will be approved and will be seen as in Active state.
11. In case the KPI value breaches the threshold, all recipients will get an alert email as below.
Note: A complete implementation guide on Smart Business Service is also available at SAP-Press.