Fiori implementation guide for the newbie
Hello everyone. Just a short notice before we get to the general steps to activate your Fiori apps. This guide for newbies was created when there wasn’t enough official information published yet. Now as I see it, there is a lot of that information, so unexpereinced person may easily get lost in it. So this guide might be helpful for those of you who just getting started with Fiori implementation and needs to understand step sequence and general idea of how to perfom them.
As I was told in the comments by Jocelyn, it would be also a great idea to provide you with some links where oficial Fiori implementation guides are waiting to be read (and they actually are really good, so go ahead, read it. I whished for those to exist when I started :)). So those working in S/4HANA please have a look at the UI Technology Guide available in http://help.sap.com/s4hana . Also whether you are using Best Practice Content or not – the Fiori Foundation Configuration (MAA) and Fiori Apps Deployment (MAD) guides in the Best Practice Content downloads.
That’s probably it, let’s get to my simplified Fiori implementation guides for greens.
S/4HANA, Embedded deployment
1. Required steps before Fiori implementation
1.1 Landscape check
System landscape is:
Embedded deployment (1 single server = frontend components are installed on backend);
S/4HANA on premise 1511 FPS01
1.2 List of fiori applications
1.1.1. Availability check
You need to check list of Fiori applications are available for your system landscape. It can be checked on http://fiori.apps.library.com by aggregating requirements:
- Check all Fiori applications to be installed;
- Press “Aggregate” button in the left corner;
- In the “First Release” column will be warning if the application doesn’t exist for your landscape.
1.1.2. Required basis components and products
Transaction: SAINT and SPAM
Installation is described in detail on help.sap.com/fiori
Important note: Always use the latest support packages.
1.1.3. Notes to be implemented
List of all notes needed to be implemented before Fiori implementation could be generated on http://fiori.apps.library.com :
- Check all Fiori applications to be installed;
- Press “Aggregate” button in the left corner;
- Choose valid release and delivery date;
- Under “Aggregated Installation Requirements” in “Required Sap Notes” will be list of all the required notes to be implemented before Fiori implementation
1.3 Connection settings
Considering the fact that we use Embedded deployment, no connections are required other than NONE (type I).
1.4 System Aliases definition
SAP Customizing Implementation Guide à SAP NetWeaver à Gateway à OData Channel à Configuration à Connection Settings à SAP NetWeaver Gateway to SAP System à Manage SAP System Aliases
Considering the fact that we use Embedded deployment, no System Aliases are required other that LOCAL:
Important note: For some application more System Aliases might be required. For example, My Inbox application requires following system aliases:
2. Fiori implementation
2.1 General rules
In order to launch Fiori applications following steps should be made:
- Activate basis oData services;
- Activate specific oData services;
- Activate ICF nodes;
- Add authorizations.
2.1.1. Package creation
In order to store all objects, package (Z_FIORI/Z_FIORI_PACKAGE) should be created.
2.1.2. oData services activation
Basis oData Services to be activated:
- /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CONF -This is used by the Launchpad designer
- /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST – This is used by the Launchpad designer
- /UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS – This is used by the Launchpad
- /UI2/TRANSPORT- This is used by the Launchpad designer
- /UI2/INTEROP – This is used by the Launchpad and Launchpad designer
- /UI2/LAUNCHPAD – Launchpad Data Provider
Steps to activate services:
- Click “Add service” button:
- Choose System Alias “LOCAL”:
- Press “Add Selected Services” button and choose “Z_FIORI_PACKAGE” package:
- Repeat these steps for all specific oData services required by the Fiori Application.
- These steps might be completed separately for each oData service or collectively for any number.
2.1.3. Activation check
To ensure that oData service was activated correctly, it should be checked:
- Select oData service and click “SAP Gateway Client” button:
- In a new window click on “Execute” button:
- Status code = 200 should be returned.
2.1.4. ICF nodes activation
Basis ICF services to be activated:
- sap -> bc -> ui5_ui5 -> ui2;
- sap -> bc -> gui -> sap -> its -> webgui.
To activate an ICF service, proceed as follows:
- In transaction SICF press F8 or press “Execute” button;
- Navigate to default_host -> sap -> bc -> ui5_ui5 -> sap;
- In this node, navigate to the SAP UI5 application for your app.
- To activate the service (SAP UI5 application), choose Service/Host Activate:
2.1.5. Authorization creation
Create role Z_FIORI. It will be used to put all authorization objects (catalogues, groups, WebDynPro applications etc) in it (see chapters 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 for more details).
Basis roles to be added to users:
- SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700/ SAP_UI2_ADMIN_750 depending on the system options
Roles required for each application (both frontend and backend) are listed in each application configuration info on http://fioriappslibrary.com
Add all necessary roles, including Z_FIORI, to users.
2.2 WebDynPro applications
In order to launch WebDynPro application following steps should be completed:
- Activate basis ICF Services of WebDynpro Apps:
- sap -> bc -> webdynpro;
- Activate specific ICF Service for each application:
- sap -> bc -> ui5_ui5 -> sap -> “webdynpro service name”
- Add specific to application authorization roles to users;
- Add specific authorization objects (type Webdynpro application) to Z_FIORI role.
2.3 Transactional applications
In order to launch transactional application following steps should be completed:
- Activate basis oData services (see chapter 1.2);
- Activate specific to application oData service;
- Activate specific to application ICF service;
- Add specific authorization roles to users;
- Add specific catalogues and groups to Z_FIORI role.
Fact Sheets display master data or business documents in display mode. Fact Sheets are called from other apps like Analytical Apps by using app-to-app navigation in Fiori launchpad. Also you can search master data or business documents in the Fiori launchpad like Google search. Facts Sheet is called by selecting the search result. Therefore, there will be no Factsheet tiles in the launchpad.
In order to be able to use factsheets following steps should be made:
- Assign SAP_ESH_LOCAL_ADMIN role to Administrator. This role contains the authorizations required to configure and manage Enterprise Search and operational data provisioning;
- Set up SAP Fiori Serch:
- Implement all necessary notes (see general note 2228932 for more information);
- Run SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT task list to create Search Connectors under SAPAPPLH component;
- In transaction ESH_COCKPIT make sure that specific connectors for application exist. If not, create them manually.
2.5 Analytical applications
In order to launch analytical applications following steps should be completed:
- Specific to application roles should be assigned to user;
- Specific to application groups and catalogues should be added to Z_FIORI role;
- Specific to application oData service should be activated (usually C_*_CDS);
- Specific ICF service should be activated.
- In order to create another tile (for example, with another currency), KPI Design tiles should be used (“KPI Workspace”). In order to launch these applications following steps should be completed:
- /SSB/SMART_BUSINESS_DESIGNTIME_SRV oData service should be activated;
- sb_apps_wss1 and sb_apps_libs1 ICF services should be activated;
- Analysis Path Framework (APF) should be activated.
3. Errors and solutions
3.1 Error while testing oData Service
HTTP Send failed:
lermeldung beim Senden der Daten.
System parameters should be set as following:
login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1
login/create_sso2_ticket = 2
3.2 Error while launching an application
Could not open app. Please try later.
There might be different reasons for that kind of mistakes.
- Make sure that all necessary roles are added to user;
- Make sure all oData and ICF services are activated;
- Clear cache of your browser (even in incognito mode) and hard reload;
- Clear all caches of the system in SPRO:
- SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Gateway -> OData Channel -> Administration -> Cache Settings -> Clean Up Cache and Persistency;
- SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Gateway -> OData Channel -> Administration -> Cache Settings -> Metadata -> Clear Cache;
- SAP NetWeaver -> SAP Gateway Service Enablement -> Backend OData Channel -> Support Utilities -> Clear Cache.
- Run Report /UI2/INVALIDATE_global_CACHES
3.3 Error while activating oData service
Metadata not loaded
Contact basis team in order to activate relevant business functions.
3.4 Error while launching an application within another application / «Reference not found»
When launching application within another application (not from Fiori launchpad, for example, trying to run “Change Bank Account” application from “Manage Bank Accounts”), “Create Account” application is launched instead.
Make sure that target mappings in Launchpad Designer exist and there are no tiles with “Reference lost” sign. If there are any problems following steps should be completed:
- Update UI component version to the latest one;
- Apply notes 2269272 and 2275892;
- If error stay proceed as following:
- Call transaction /n/UI2/APPDESC_GET;
- In the catalog ID field, enter SAP_*_BC_*;
- Choose Execute.
- For BAM WebDynPro applications apply note 2294218.
3.5 Error while using search in launchpad – bw/es/ina
There is an error in concole bw/es/ina when you trying to use search.
Go to chapter 2.4 and follow instructions there.
3.6 Error with language
When running Fiori application not in English (for example, Russian), not all the texts are translated.
Apply note 110910.
3.7 Error with currency
There is an “ERROR” instead of currency in some applications.
Apply note 2279848.
3.8 Error with labels translations in queries (Trial Balance application)
Apply note 2280977.