Today, we announced new SAP HANA Cloud features include support for virtual machines, prebuilt cloud integrations with Ariba, workflow and business rules services as well as smart data streaming for high speed IoT scenarios. These new capabilities announced at SAP TechEd in Barcelona enables enterprises to bridge on-premise and cloud landscapes, extend existing technology investments to deliver channels such as mobile and IoT and drive new digital transformation initiatives.
To learn more about these new capabilities, you can
- Read the FAQ below
- Watch the Facebook Live interview with Dan Lahl on the SAP HANA page Tuesday at 1pm CET/ 7am EST
- Join us for a Crowdchat session with your questions on Wednesday at 5pm CET/11am EST
What new SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) capabilities are announced at TechEd Barcelona?
We announced a set of new business services and key capabilities that positions SAP HANA Cloud Platform as an agile cloud innovation platform. These capabilities include:
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Virtual Machines, which helps complete solution, landscapes by adding workloads based on existing on-premises software or languages and runtimes that will run directly on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
- Ariba Integration Gateway, built on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Integration services has prebuilt cloud integrations for plugging HANA Cloud Platform into Ariba’s vast customer and supplier network making it easier to connect buyers with sellers to ensure a secure transaction.
- SAP API Business Hub provides a catalog of APIs of SAP applications with new APIs such as SAP S/4 HANA Finance, SAP S/4 HANA Marketing Cloud, SAP Hybris Product Content and SAPVehicle Network.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Workflow Service, which has a graphical interface, enables business analysts to quickly create workflows to orchestrate a sequence of tasks across different users and organizations. (GA Q1)
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Business Rules service that enables business and key users to change or embed business logic into a business process without re-writing the application and having to experience downtime and other negative business impact.
- SAP Data Quality Management microservices, which cleans data by providing data validation and enrichment for addresses and geocodes within any application or environment.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Smart Data Streaming Service, which is currently available on the HANA Platform is now made available on HCP. This service analyzes and transforms high-velocity, high-volume event streams in real time, allowing applications to detect and respond to changing conditions in real-time, with the ability to compute and capture useful information in the SAP HANA platform.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Predictive Services, also currently available in the HANA platform is a set of readily-integrated web services that delivers predictive analytics insights into SAP HANA Cloud platform applications. Using the Automated Predictive Library within SAP HANA, data scientists and end users can benefit from advanced insights readily available in SAP HANA Cloud Platform apps without having to develop models from scratch.
- SAP Smart Business Services provides all business users easy access and managing of critical KPIs, so they can monitor business processes in real-time and take action.
Which capabilities are generally available available for customers and partners today?
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Virtual Machines
- SAP API Business Hub with the new APIs – S/4 HANA Marketing, SAP S/4 HANA Finance, SAP S/4
HANA Marketing Cloud, SAP Hybris Product Content and SAP Vehicle Network
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Smart Data Streaming Service
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Predictive Services
- SAP Smart Business ServicesSAP Smart Business Services
The list of services below are currently in beta and subject to change :
- Ariba Integration Gateway
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Workflow Service
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Business Rules
- SAP Data Quality Management microservices
What did we announce about the Apple and SAP Partnership for native mobile development and deployment?
We announced an early adopter program is now available for the SDK for iOS and a preview version of the SAP Academy for iOS.
SAP HANA Cloud Platform SDK for iOS – An early adopter program for the new software development kit (SDK) is now available. This SDK provides developers, partners and customers the tools to quickly and efficiently build their own enterprise grade native iOS apps for iPhone and iPad to help boost development productivity and quality, and deliver live data to people wherever and whenever they choose to work.
SAP Academy for iOS – A preview version of the new academy is now available here. Designed to provide the education, training and tools to enable SAP’s vast developer ecosystem to take full advantage of the deliverables of the SAP and Apple partnership. Initial content for the iOS Academy includes mobile developer support for the SAP HCP SDK focused on how to build native SAP Fiori for iOS apps and training for designers using the SAP Fiori for iOS design guidelines
To participate in the Early adopters Program, customers and partners can learn more here
What is included in the SDK? What are the key differentiating features that developers will be excited about? How is the SDK distributed to developers?
The SDK will include several key building blocks, including UI elements for the new Fiori for iOS design language like reusable controls, UI patterns, templates, access to backend services, easier access to iOS capabilities and device services (e.g. 3D Touch), etc. The SDK will be distributed via the standard SAP software delivery channels. We intend to provide a trial offering to try out the SDK in combination with the HANA Cloud Platform trial landscape.
SAP announced SAP Hybris as a Service (YaaS) on SAP HANA Cloud Platform is now made available in Europe. How is YaaS positioned with SAP HANA Cloud Platform?
SAP HANA Cloud Platform is the cloud platform for companies looking to build, integrate or extend their existing on-premise and/or cloud applications to compete more effectively in the digital economy. SAP Cloud Platform is the innovation platform with enterprise-grade application services for developing ENTERPRISE applications. YaaS offers a microservices architecture to application development and includes a market for commercializing these business services built on HCP through its metering and billing services.
Who can I contact for more information?
- Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about HANA Cloud Platform announcements
- Sylvie.email@example.com for partner related questions on SAP HANA Cloud Platform