Scenario: You are looking for a way to control the external pricing access for few users, So that all users will not be allowed/able to do the changes to the pricing, This can be achieved by doing the fallowing.
You can define external pricing authorizations by business role, you can define this feature so that users have read access or write access to contract pricing document fields. Navigate to the Business Configuration Implementation Projects Fine-Tune Activity List External Pricing Authorization Levels for External Pricing .
There are two steps that need to be completed:
- In order to restrict a business role to a particular condition, Ensure that an initial business role is assigned to the maximum authorization. Under Authorization Levels for External Pricing Add Business Role ID . Select the desired read access and write access levels.
- Set authorization levels based on step definitions in SAP ERP CRM customizing.
Under Business Configuration Implementation Projects Fine-Tune Activity List External Pricing
External Pricing Procedures . Add the pricing procedure and it’s accompanying details.
How to get the activity External Pricing into the Business Configuration Fine Tuning?
To get the activity external pricing procedure in the Business configuration the fallowing has to be scoped as per the screen shot below.
- Go to the scoping questions view
- Choose the “Communication and Information Exchange” view
- Select “Integration with External Applications and Solutions”
- Select the option “Integration into Sales, Service, and Marketing Processes”
- In the questions part choose group “Sales Quotes”
- Select the check box next to the question “Do you use an external application to determine prices, free goods, product availability, and credit status for sales quotes in your cloud solution?”
This will enable the External Pricing activity in the fine tuning.