Monthly highlights from the SAP User Experience Community – November 3rd
With this edition of my highlights blog, I’d like to draw your attention to some of the great content that appeared on the SAP User Experience Community over the last month.
By the way, follow us on Twitter and never miss another post!
- I’m happy to announce two new additions to our #designmistakes series:
- In Top 10 Tips to Set Up a UX Center of Excellence, Andreas Hauser, SVP of SAP’s Design and Co-Innovation Center, shares some words of advice about establishing a UX CoE.
- No access to users? Use Build anyway for professional UX reviews! Find out more in Debugging Design: Cognitive Walkthrough with Build by Bernard Rummel.
This month, there is a lot of news about Fiori 2.0:
- In SAP Fiori 2.0 – The Design Guidelines (Version 1.40) Andrea Waisgluss explains how the Fiori design language has been extended to encompass the most important aspects of SAP Fiori 2.0 as well as numerous improvements to existing controls and patterns.
- The Human Touch – SAP Introduces a Digital Assistant for the Enterprise is the first in a series of blog articles about SAP CoPilot, a digital assistant which will be part of the SAP Fiori launchpad as an optional component of Fiori 2.0.
- In SAP Screen Personas supports Fiori 2.0 in SAP S/4HANA 1610, Peter Spielvogel announces that SAP Screen Personas has Fiori 2.0 compatible designs in the “Flavor Gallery” as well as support for the new SAP Fiori Theme for SAP S/4HANA (also known as Belize).
- And don’t miss these two important announcements by Thomas Reiss:
More news from SAP
- SAP UX Design and Technology goes SAP TechEd Barcelona – Are you already curious to meet SAP’s UX design experts? In Who – What – Where – at SAP TechEd Barcelona 2016, Jacqueline Dittkowski introduces you to our hottest topics.
- Find out about the new openSAP course, SAP Fiori for iOS – An Introduction. This course is aimed at anyone interested in learning about the SAP and Apple partnership as well as business decision makers, mobile application developers, and UX designers.
- Through a partnership with TurboVote, SAP is using research and design to help address low turnout rates among America’s young, first-time voters. With over 500,000 new TurboVote subscribers in 2016 alone, the work is having real impact. Find out more from Tyler Nickerson in Strengthening Democracy Through Design.
- More than 40 Bitkom members participated in a design-thinking workshop orchestrated by the Design & Co-Innovation Center (DCC) at the AppHaus Heidelberg. Find out more in Bitkom Focus Group for Cognitive Computing Experiences Design-Thinking by Vera Geier.
- In this interview with Scott Shim, VP and Chair of Design Education of IDSA, Priya Sathiyam talks to Professor Shim about the future of design and design education.
- Register by Nov 11 to Influence SAP’s Future Products! Don’t miss this opportunity to join early product discussions with SAP’s product teams.
- Let us know how we did regarding knowledge sharing at ASUG SAPPHIRE, ASUG TECHED and ASUG chapter meetings. More by Chittu Ganesan in Give Us Your Feedback | ASUG SAPPHIRE & TechEd UX Sessions!
In the Discussion Forum:
- Gloria Costa announces that SAP will bring Scenes to the Service Design Global Conference 2016!
- Andrea Anderson shares insights about Igniting design-minded Intraprenuers at the University of Notre Dame in which 21 MBA students participated in a 4-day, design-led innovation workshop.
- Have you ever needed to create a video? Then why not do it by yourself? Be bold, and try out some tips in this blog by Thomas Biedermann, Creating Videos in a Business Environment.
The SAP User Experience Community is a public community dedicated to the exchange of ideas and knowledge about design and user experience. The Community is for everyone interested in design and user experience, so join the conversation!