Simplification List SAP S/4HANA 1610
please refer to the following SCN Blog for S/4HANA System Conversion and Simplification List related information: https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/02/sap-s4hana-system-conversion-at-a-glance/.
This Blog will not be updated.
I would like to inform you that with the release of SAP S/4HANA 1610 we published the Simplification List for SAP S/4HANA 1610 (initial Shipment) as PDF and as XLS.
- You can find the link to the Simplification List PDF in the SAP S/4HANA 1610 Help (Link) or here as direct link to the pdf: LINK
- The XLS is included as Attachment in SAP Note 2313884
- The related custom code check content on SAP Service Marketplace is updated with the SAP S/4HANA 1610 content (see SAP Note 2241080 how to access the content).
The Simplification List Items and corresponding Business Impact Notes
The text of the Simplification Items included in this Simplification List is generated based on corresponding SAP Notes (they are called in the context of the Simplification List the Business Impact Notes). Examples:
- Business Partner Approach –> Business Impact Note: 2265093
- Material Number Field Length Extension –> Business Impact Note: 2267140
You can find the corresponding Business Impact Note in the Simplification List as XLS. The Business Impact Note might contain additional information related to the Simplification Item. For example references to other SAP Notes or additional How-To-Guides. For example there the Simplification Item related to the Business Partner Approach contains a PDF describing the detailed Business Partner Conversion Activities. Please be aware that we do not include these additional information in the Simplification List document. In this sense the Simplification List document is always a collection of the texts of the dedicated Simplification Item which is stored as original in the corresponding Business Impact Notes. In case you have questions or requests to improve the text related to a Simplification Item feel free to open a support ticket based on the component of the Business Impact note. The generation of the Simplification List document based on the business impact note does have an influence to the format and the length of this document.
New Simplification List Items with SAP S/4HANA 1610
With SAP S/4HANA 1610 the functional scope of SAP S/4HANA has been enhanced. For example additional industries are supported (e.g. Oil and Retail are supported now) or the SAP Add-On SAP Portfolio and Project Management 1.0 for SAP S/4HANA. Accordingly there are additional Simplification Items listed in this document which go aside to this enhanced functional scope of SAP S/4HANA. In the Simplification List as XLS the Simplification Items which are new with SAP S/4HANA 1610 are marked accordingly.
The Simplification List Items as XLS
Beside the Simplification List as PDF (this document) the Simplification List is available additionally in XLS format as attachment of SAP Note 2313884. In this note you can find different XLS spreadsheets for the different SAP S/4HANA releases. The Simplification List 1610 spreadsheet does contain the following information:
- Simplification Items which are new with SAP S/4HANA 1610
Items which are new and related to the industries Oil and Retail (supported with SAP S/4HANA 1610)
- Simplification Items related to SAP Add-On Portfolio and Project Management (PPM)
- New “Core” items in SAP S/4HANA (this includes items which changed their simplification category – example: industry DIMP-Automotive – simplification “Long Material Number”)
- Simplification Items which are relevant for the upgrade from SAP S/4HANA On-Premise edition 1511 to SAP S/4HANA 1610