Great User Experience for SAP S/4HANA 1610 with SAP Fiori 2.0
With SAP S/4HANA 1610 we take user experience to the next level with the award-winning SAP Fiori 2.0, the next significant step in our evolution of SAP Fiori. SAP Fiori 2.0 is the user experience for SAP S/4HANA – you can access all applications via the SAP Fiori launchpad, and they all have the SAP Fiori 2.0 visual theme: SAP Fiori apps as well as classic SAP GUI and WebDynpro applications.
To get an initial impression of the new user experience, have a look at this video:
The main aspects of SAP Fiori 2.0 which are coming with SAP S/4HANA 1610 and which you can look at in the video are:
- Visual Design: the new, more attractive visual theme, which is applied everywhere.
- Notifications: giving you transparency on what needs your attention, such as workflow items needing approval – either directly from the notification area, or by navigating to My Inbox.
- Navigation and personalization via the new Me-Area, which enhances users’ navigation options by giving direct access to recent activities, i.e. recently used apps or business objects. It also provides access to personalization options – you can see how users can personalize the SAP Fiori Launchpad home page very easily.
- Search: the search experience now provides more information directly in the search results list, and gives users flexibility in narrowing down their searches.
- Overview Page: The overview page is an important new SAP Fiori element, as an example procurement is one of the first areas supporting it: it gives a buyer an overview of the important information for him or her to get their job done efficiently and effectively, using cards to summarize information from different aspects of the job. These can be list-based or analytical, i.e. chart-based. In addition to giving users an overview, it also provides direct actions for them to address issues shown in the overview. Finally, users can easily personalize their overview page.
If you are already an SAP S/4HANA customer, you can get SAP Fiori 2.0 by upgrading your SAP S/4HANA system to the 1610 release, and also upgrading your Front-End Server to version 3.0. Note that if you have built custom apps or defined custom themes, there are some implications which you need to be aware of and some additional activities to plan for prior to upgrading.
To give you full insight and clear guidance for the introduction of SAP Fiori 2.0, SAP has created the SAP Fiori 2.0 welcome package. Your entry point for this, helping you find out more about SAP Fiori 2.0 for SAP S/4HANA, its benefits and also the implications if you upgrade, is this overview document: SAP Fiori 2.0 – What you need to know.
The overall Fiori 2.0 concept goes beyond what is included in this first shipment, so you can expect further innovations beyond the Overview Page down the road. To keep up to date with what is planned, have a look at the SAP Fiori Road Map, which is updated on a quarterly basis. If you would like to participate in the SAP Fiori community, please have a look at SAP Fiori Community.