SAP Mobile In-Store Merchandising
powered by Fiori and SAP Mobile Platform
_____________________________________________________________________________________ up ↑
- Today, consumers use mobile whenever possible and want to feel totally satisfied with their purchases. To remain competitive, retailers must connect with their customers and offer a superior experience through store excellence. Retailers must empower their employees to fulfill their customers’ needs by providing the right people, solutions, and technology. SAP offers proven mobile and desktop solutions for In-Store merchandising since many years and has helped over 22,000 retail stores worldwide in different segment and sizes to run better.
One of the recent innovations to enhance the In-Store experience is Mobile In-Store Merchandising powered by Fiori and SAP Mobile Platform.
Mobile In-Store Merchandising aims to make employees more productive and provides In-Store Merchandising apps for the roles store associate and store managers. In addition, Retail Fact Sheet apps (such as on Promotion, Article, and Bonus Buy) provide relevant role-based information for Master Data and Promotion Specialists.
Vision: We plan to offer comprehensive Fiori based In-Store Merchandising solution with apps provided by IBU Retail, partners, and SAP CD.
SAP Mobile In-Store Merchandising aims to improve In-Store customer service. It lets retail store associates access information in back-end systems to improve transaction speed productivity and accuracy and enable customer service and inventory management. It increases productivity by providing store associates with role based and real-time access to functions (look up products, adjust stock, count ad hoc, order products etc.) and information (detailed product etc.) to provide customers with information they need.iPhone
- Standard apps that come with a Launchpad which offers an area for personalization e.g. for accessing corporate NEWS , a flexible cross object search, branding, and a collection of tiles for accessing apps, information, and functions. Apps are role based:
- We are building apps for the roles Store Associate / Managers.
- Apps are responsive and simple: Role-based apps are developed once and can be used on different devices such as laptops and Android or iOS smart devices (tablets, smart phones) supporting HTML5.
- Apps are coherent, simple, and consistent in look and feel with common flow logic for the screens. That makes them easy to learn and to enhance.
- Support typical In-Store merchandising requirements such offline support such as posting receiving without being directly connected to the network or using laser scanning.
- It comes with a flexible tool kit for enhancement or development new apps.
- No HANA is required for Fiori transactional apps.
Roadmap – What apps are available today and what apps are planned for the future?
|Fiori App name||
Business Suite on HANA
EHP 8 and above
S/4HANA Retail for Merchandise Management 17/09
S/4HANA for Fashion 17/09
|Fiori as a Service||
|Look up Retail Products||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Adjust stock / Count ad-hoc||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Receive Products Trusted||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Receive Products Detailed||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Count Stock Offline||GA||GA||Link|
|Count Stock Manager View||GA||GA||Link|
|Perform Store Walk-Through||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Transfer Products (with STO)||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Enable Fiori apps to support RFID use cases||Future roadmap|
In-Store Merchandising available as Fiori as a Service:
Mobile In-Store Merchandising apps are also available as Fiori as a Service. Fiori as a Service simplifies In-Store Merchandising implementations and accelerate time-to-value via cloud deployment option while leveraging the existing investment (link).