SAP Mobile In-Store Merchandising
powered by Fiori and SAP Mobile Platform
_____________________________________________________________________________________ up ↑
- Today, consumers use mobile whenever possible and want to feel totally satisfied with their purchases. To remain competitive, retailers must connect with their customers and offer a superior experience through store excellence. Retailers must empower their employees to fulfill their customers’ needs by providing the right people, solutions, and technology. SAP offers proven mobile and desktop solutions for In-Store merchandising since many years and has helped over 22,000 retail stores worldwide in different segment and sizes to run better.
One of the recent innovations to enhance the In-Store experience is Mobile In-Store Merchandising powered by Fiori and SAP Mobile Platform.
Mobile In-Store Merchandising aims to make employees more productive and provides In-Store Merchandising apps for the roles store associate and store managers. In addition, Retail Fact Sheet apps (such as on Promotion, Article, and Bonus Buy) provide relevant role-based information for Master Data and Promotion Specialists.
Vision: We plan to offer comprehensive Fiori based In-Store Merchandising solution with apps provided by IBU Retail, partners, and SAP CD.
SAP Mobile In-Store Merchandising aims to improve In-Store customer service. It lets retail store associates access information in back-end systems to improve transaction speed productivity and accuracy and enable customer service and inventory management. It increases productivity by providing store associates with role based and real-time access to functions (look up products, adjust stock, count ad hoc, order products etc.) and information (detailed product etc.) to provide customers with information they need.iPhone
- Standard apps that come with a Launchpad which offers an area for personalization e.g. for accessing corporate NEWS , a flexible cross object search, branding, and a collection of tiles for accessing apps, information, and functions. Apps are role based:
- We are building apps for the roles Store Associate / Managers.
- Apps are responsive and simple: Role-based apps are developed once and can be used on different devices such as laptops and Android or iOS smart devices (tablets, smart phones) supporting HTML5.
- Apps are coherent, simple, and consistent in look and feel with common flow logic for the screens. That makes them easy to learn and to enhance.
- Support typical In-Store merchandising requirements such offline support such as posting receiving without being directly connected to the network or using laser scanning.
- It comes with a flexible tool kit for enhancement or development new apps.
- No HANA is required for Fiori transactional apps.
Roadmap – What apps are available today and what apps are planned for the future?
|Fiori App name||
Business Suite on HANA
EHP 8 and above
S/4HANA Retail for Merchandise Management 17/09
S/4HANA for Fashion 17/09
|Fiori as a Service||
|Look up Retail Products||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Adjust stock / Count ad-hoc||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Receive Products Trusted||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Receive Products Detailed||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Count Stock Offline||GA||GA||Link|
|Count Stock Manager View||GA||GA||Link|
|Perform Store Walk-Through||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Transfer Products (with STO)||GA||GA||GA||Link|
|Enable Fiori apps to support RFID use cases||Future roadmap|
In-Store Merchandising available as Fiori as a Service:
Mobile In-Store Merchandising apps are also available as Fiori as a Service. Fiori as a Service simplifies In-Store Merchandising implementations and accelerate time-to-value via cloud deployment option while leveraging the existing investment (link).
- Digital Transformation with SAP Mobile In-Store Merchandising apps powered by Fiori and SMP
- Architectural overview
- Migros Customer Reference Slide (link)
- Migros Customer Testimonila Video (link)
- Migros Belog (link)
- Migros Presentation at Retail Summit in Dublin (link)
SAP & Intel Co-innovation: Digitizing Inventory to Reimagine Retail Processes (Link)
SAP & Intel have joined forces to collaborate on solutions to extend and enrich the digital core and help retailers run live. The first part of this co-innovation aims to improve In-Store customer experience at fashion retail stores by leveraging RFID to make In-Store business processes more efficient.
- Infor session to our colleagues with the Field Organization in APJ (2015)
- Overview: Improve In-Store shopping experience with Fiori for Retail – In-Store Merchandising
- Deep Dive: Improve In-Store shopping experience with Fiori for Retail – In-Store Merchandising
Demo system. SAP, customers and partners can use this demo system:
The Fiori apps are included in the SAP UX Package. This package is delivered with SAP software delivery for no additional cost. In other words, Fiori is for free from a software licensing perspective. However, an end user licensing per named user is required. You can use SAP Retail user to license the store associates (600 Euro). For store managers you will need a profession user (1,200 Euro). Also, SMP (SAP Mobile Platform) is required if the customer wants to enhance the standard apps to support offline (read and write on the devices). For SMP licensing please contact your local pricing team because SMP licensing would depend on the degree of the usage.
In-Store Merchandising in 2015 and in 2016: Link
- All Things about Fiori
- SAP Fiori Go-To-Market
- SAP Fiori Product Positioning Material
- Fiori Apps Library (includes installation information)
- SAP Fiori Training
- Fiori Sizing
- Technical Requirements
- Fiori Dashboard
- Fiori supported OS and Browser
This link provides clarity on browsers and operations system level but no statement on the devices as such with the exception of Blackberry.
- HTML5 supported browsers
- In order to download Add-On, go to http://service.sap.com/swdc, select „Search for Software Downloads“, enter search term: UIRT401
- Link to the external page
- Update to Fiori for Retail – In-Store Merchandising in 2014
- Update to Fiori for Retail – In-Store Merchandising in 2015