Introduction to SAP Smart Business
SAP Smart Business is a framework for exposing strategic (key) and operational performance indicators (KPIs, OPIs) as Fiori applications without the need to write any code.
It can be used by customers, partners and SAP’s development teams for making highly aggregated analytical data accessible via Fiori Launchpad tiles.
Smart Business is released in various flavors depending on the underlying technology platform. Specifically there are the following separate Smart Business shipments:
- Smart Business for Suite on Hana (SoH) delivery
- Smart Business for S/4Hana delivery
- Smart Business in SAP Cloud Platform as a service
In this blog we will focus on Smart Business in SAP Cloud Platform as a service.
SAP Smart Business Service
In line with SAP’s objective to have SAP Cloud Platform as Extension Platform, we have published Smart Business as a Service in SAP Cloud Platform.
SAP Smart Business Service is a cloud-based solution hosted in SAP Cloud Platform account.
As Smart Business is a Business Service in Cloud, now it is possible to bring together Analytic Content from multiple Business System be it On-Premise or On-Demand into one single Launchpad irrespective of whatever technology they have implemented in.
Documents and Blogs on Smart Business Service
- SAP Smart Business Service – Create Analytic Content in HCP without Coding
- How to Subscribe to SAP Smart Business Service
- SAP Smart Business Service Roles
- Create Your First Smart Business KPI and Tiles in 10 Minutes
- Connect On-Premise HANA to Smart Business Service – An End-to-End Example
- How to create ABAP CDS view and OData with SAP Annotations
- Connect S/4HANA with HCP and Create Analytic Content using Smart Business
- How to create Smart Business Apps using HANA Calculation View and XSOData
- How to Manage Alerts in Smart Business Service
Note: A complete implementation guide on Smart Business Service is also available at SAP-Press.