SHINE for SAP HANA Extended Application Services Classic Model (XSC) available by default in HANA MDC in HCP Trial
SAP HANA Interactive Education (SHINE) for SAP HANA Extended Application Services Classic model (SHINE for XSC) is now available by default in HANA Multitenant Database Container(MDC) in SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) trial landscape.
This blog gives a brief introduction to SHINE and also about availability SHINE for XSC by default in HANA MDC in SAP HANA Cloud Platform trial landscape and how to configure and run it. Please note that this feature is available only on HANA MDC’s created after 20-Oct-2016.
What is SHINE?
SAP HANA Interactive Education, is a demo application that makes it easy to learn how to build native SAP HANA applications. The demo application is delivered with SAP HANA in a special packaged unit. It comes complete with sample data and design-time developer objects for the application’s database tables, data views, stored procedures, OData, and user interface.
How to run SHINE on SAP HANA MDC in HCP Trial landscape
Note: SHINE is available by default only in SAP HANA MDC in HCP trial landscape.
- Login to your HCP Trial account in HCP Trial landscape
- Navigate to Databases & Schemas tab in HCP Cockpit
- Create a new HANA MDC with the name /database id as say shine. The steps on how to create a HANA MDC is available in SAP HANA Cloud Documentation. Enable the switch to Configure User for SHINE and provide a SHINE User Name(e.g SHINE_USER) and SHINE User password
- A new HANA MDC will be created within a few minutes
- After the HANA MDC is created click on HANA MDC name shine on the top of the page as shown in snapsot below
- The page refreshes and link to Administration Tools(SAP HANA Cockpit),Development Tools(SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench) and SHINE will be displayed
- Click on link for SAP HANA Interactve Education(SHINE)
- In the new page which opens login to SHINE with SHINE user specified in step 3 (e.g SHINE_USER )and its password
- Run the prerequisites mentioned in Chapter 3.2 of SHINE for XSC documentation