Calling SMBs and Partners—What You Should Know about SAP BusinessObjects Roambi
Recently, we had our first partner workshop at the Palo Alto office location, with eight partners attending from five different partner companies. One of my takeaways was the great discussion around opportunities for SAP BusinessObjects Roambi with small and mid-sized companies (SMBs). The other takeaway was a more personal one— I had never actually built my own report in the SAP BusinessObjects Roambi publisher, so I jumped on the opportunity to do exactly that as part of the partner workshop agenda.
I have introduced the amazing SAP BusinessObjects Roambi analytics app to many people over the past months, but now I can proudly talk about the ease of use of the publisher as well. I suggest you try it for yourself, there are some great tutorials out there to get you started.
Some of the key points around SAP BusinessObjects Roambi as a great solution for our resell partners and community:
- Scalability! Very suitable for SMBs as well as large enterprise or departments. The solution design is simple, and once setup, it’s easy to create new reports leveraging a template-based approach.
- Upsell opportunity in existing BOBJ and new accounts. SAP BusinessObjects Roambi is the ideal add-on for strong mobile use cases no matter what BI system is in place (or not).
- Easy entry into BI—especially for companies that are just beginning their BI journey, SAP BusinessObjects Roambi is a great way to get started.
- A user interface that end users will love. SAP BusinessObjects Roambi is sexy and easy to use. And with SAP BusinessObjects Roambi Flow, the presentation tool that comes with it, it’s viral. And forget about your typical BI adoption issues—I have seen over 90% user adoption, and cross pollination to other departments happens a lot.
- Quick ramp-up. No huge end-user training investments required. The solution is intuitive and leverages the touch gestures that people are already used to.
- Quick ROI. Because SAP BusinessObjects Roambi is a cloud solution and designed simply, so it’s easy to deploy and maintain.
- Secure. SAP BusinessObjects Roambi includes enterprise grade security features that SMBs will appreciate when they require them.
Many of the existing SAP BusinessObjects Roambi partners have signed up for the SAP PartnerEdge program. But I also see a lot of interest from existing SAP resell partners. If you are an SAP VAR, consider SAP BusinessObjects Roambi as an opportunity to expand your Analytics business.
To learn more about our mobile solutions, read all the blogs in our mobile series.