openSAP Reactivation Codes Now on General Release!
At SAP TechEd Las Vegas and Bangalore, we launched our new openSAP, Course Reactivation Option and provided free reactivation codes to attendees; and we had a great response! The reactivation option allows openSAP learners to reactivate weekly assignments and provides an opportunity to earn a Record of Achievement (available for selected courses only). From today, you can now purchase a reactivation code at SAP Store at the cost of €39.
How does openSAP course reactivation work?
- If you’re interested in earning a Record of Achievement in self-paced mode, check the course to see if there is an option to Reactivate for Record of Achievement.
- If it’s available, you can purchase one openSAP reactivation code at SAP Store for €39, with bulk discounts available. Simply enter the reactivation code in the Redeem code box on the course page where you wish to earn a Record of Achievement.
- You will then have 8 weeks to complete the assignments and final exam.
Important: Remember to check if the course you’re interested in is available for reactivation before you purchase the reactivation code.
Don’t worry – openSAP is not becoming a paid offering – all existing materials and offerings remain completely free of charge. Here’s a simplified guide:
- What if I complete the weekly assignments and final exam during the scheduled runtime; can I still earn a Record of Achievement without any charges?
- If I don’t want to earn a Record of Achievement, can I still access the learning content in self-paced mode free of charge?
- Why is there a charge applied to reactivate a course?
The goal of MOOCs at openSAP is to encourage learners to complete the content within a specified timeframe and to benefit from features such as the discussion forum. We want learners to join the scheduled courses and share experiences with others, collaborate, and ask questions as this is the key benefit for learners taking part in MOOCs.If learners can earn a Record of Achievement free of charge at any time, the motivation to deliver courses in MOOC format would be lost; learners would enroll but very few would complete the content and put the knowledge to work. Our aim is to support learners who could not complete the course during the scheduled run time to earn a Record of Achievement, without affecting the experience of a live course.
Courses currently available for reactivation (as of November 18, 2016)
An Introduction to SAP HANA by Dr. Vishal Sikka