What will an EIM professional gain from attending the ASUG Data Governance conference?
This data governance special interest group (SIG) community is active all year round, but the annual meeting really pulls together all the experts from SAP, its customers, and its partners, with both experienced and new practitioners in the user group, for an interactive exchange of knowledge, best practices, and product news. It’s a great opportunity to meet with nearly 300 fellow users from across the continent to share valuable experiences, attend informative sessions delivered by experts in the field – both users and vendors, and have face-to-face conversations that just don’t happen in the same way in a virtual context. It’s education and it’s fun!
What will users learn from SAP at the conference?
The conference is most importantly, an opportunity to learn from other SAP customers. Four great examples of information excellence at work – Florida Crystals, Cardinal Health, Blue Buffalo, and Coca-Cola – will join a moderated panel discussion as the SAP keynote on Monday. And the IGgie Award for best Information Governance project, presented on the closing day of the conference, provides a best-practice benchmark.
There are an array of SAP sessions on the agenda to learn about new products, new functionalities and roadmaps, including either/or scenarios, directly from SAP product management experts. This includes a tools overview panel with a very interactive Q&A session. And conference attendees can also engage these experts in in-depth 1:1 discussions at the Data Doctor clinic in our booth. Visit us there to schedule a “diagnostic” appointment with one of the product managers. Demos of MDG 9.0, Agile Data Preparation, Information Governance and more are also available at the SAP booth.
Here’s a list of the SAP sessions, be sure to check them out:
- 11:15 Monday – SAP Master Data Governance: Central Governance, Consolidation, and Beyond
- 3:30 Monday – An introduction to SAP HANA Smart Data Integration & Smart Data Quality
- 10:45 Tuesday – Consolidation and Mass Change in SAP Master Data Governance (including demo)
- 3:30 Tuesday – Information Stewardship Journey with SAP Information Steward and Data Services
- 8:30 Wednesday – It’s Simple and Smart ‒ Data Quality with Information Steward and Data Services
- 9:15 Wednesday – SAP Agile Data Preparation, a Self-Service Application to Reduce the Cost of Accessing and Improving Your Data for Your Decision Needs