Since the launch of SAP S/4HANA, the momentum around it has grown as companies operating in diverse industries have recognized the advantages of having a digital core to ignite digital transformation. In this series we will show the value S/4HANA can bring with the help of examples businesses who already took to road to SAP S/4HANA.
A multinational robotics firm that designs, manufactures and deploys advanced robotics systems for automation at distribution centers and fulfillment centres, chose SAP S/4HANA to enhance its digital enterprise journey. This ‘Top Innovator’ award-winning enterprise has its manufacturing base in Asia with offices spread across multiple countries. This automation company with its portfolio of material handling automation and technology products has an impressive market share of Asia’s warehouse automation market.
Being a net new SAP customer, their adoption path of SAP S/4HANA was similar to that of a Green Field implementation. The customer was keen to leverage the “end to end” digital capabilities of SAP S/4HANA and went live in about 5 months’ time with the following functionalities:
- Finance (FIN): Core Finance, Asset Accounting, Controlling, Credit Management, India Localization, Accounts payable and Accounts receivable
- Sales and Distribution (SD): Output Management with adobe forms (with BRF+), Pricing, Sale from Stock, MTO and MTS, Buy and Sale process for stock transfer, Customer Return, Service Sales, Consignment and Third party sales
- Material Management (MM): Output Management with adobe forms (with BRF+), Procurement process for Direct materials, subcontracting, Domestic & Import Procurement, Service Procurement, Consumables, Inventory Management
- Production Planning (PP): Production Orders (Discrete), MRP, Variant Configuration, Product Costing
- Quality Management (QM): Basic QM processes with Inspection lots (Incoming Inspection)
Achieved Business Value
With SAP S/4HANA, the customer achieved significant business value in their Finance and Logistics functions. To start with, there were significant improvements in the fulfillment of sales orders and delivery processing. By implementing the Material Ledger (ML) functionality with SAP S/4HANA, they were able to achieve enhanced operational efficiency in product costing and inventory valuation. As ML allows valuation in two additional currencies, this global organization operating in several countries can now valuate inventory in multiple currencies.
Deployment of SAP Fiori apps not only improved efficiency, but also enabled a real-time insight into business KPI’s, which ensured a better decision making process. It also improved the user productivity by simplifying and automating day-to-day tasks. The use of BRF+ reduced the coding effort around scenarios of Output Management, which brought about simplicity as well. And last but not least, the implementation of the localization functionality in SAP S/4HANA 1511 made it easier to manage the legal requirements.
The Way Forward Looks Promising
With the SAP S/4HANA solution, the award-winning robotics firm now has real-time visibility into its operations, has the ability to fast track its international expansion and is able to focus on its core objective which includes solving operational inefficiencies and manpower issues at distribution centers and warehouses.
This is only one of many examples that proves SAP S/4HANA delivers the value needed to lead your business through the digital transformation. If you enjoy this kind of content, please let us know by liking this blog. Find more success stories here and stay tuned for more parts of this #S4HANA customer series.
See collection here: #S4HANA customer series: S/4 leads the transformation – THE collection