As a manufacturing business you want to connect, monitor, and tightly control your manufacturing operations from anywhere, and at any time – to run an efficient and high quality production on the shop floor. You need specific real-time operational insights to improve and sustain key performance metrics. You want to embrace Industry 4.0.
SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services Enables Real-time Insights for SAP Manufacturing Execution
While the SAP Manufacturing Execution System (ME/MES) integrates your business and manufacturing processes to help your business run efficiently, the SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services integrates data between SAP ME/MES and SAP HANA (on premise or in the cloud), for real-time analytics and insights – it is outcome driven. Key business outcomes are:
- Real-time productivity monitoring, and reports
- Real-time Device or Machine utilization and availability monitoring, and reports
- Top floor view across global plants
How are the SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services delivered?
SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services enabled Real-time Insights for SAP ME/MES complements your investment in SAP’s ME/MES product suite – it incorporates a set of well-defined services, including discovery, engagement transition, incubation, operations and support. It is based on a price to scale model to ensure a lower overall SAP TCO. This option delivers data ingestion, data integration, data management, and various optional capabilities to ensure smooth runtime operations and business continuity.
Continuum of Care Managed Data Services Delivery Model
The SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services enabled Real-time Insights for SAP ME/MES supports a dynamic architecture that can combine multiple SAP and 3rd party technologies to deliver data ingestion, data integration, and data management capabilities as depicted below. It enables the integration of data from the Operation Technology Data Store (any supported heterogeneous source of SAP ME/MES data) to a SAP HANA platform, on premise or in the cloud, as referenced by the blue Data Environment Scope, in the example below.
SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services enabled Real-time Insights for SAP ME/MES supports On Premise, SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, and the combined On premise and SAP Cloud Platform Data Environment Scopes (in blue), including Hot, Warm and Cold Data Management and Integration.
- On premise or SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC)- Hadoop not supported on HEC, IQ as only Near Line Storage on HEC
- On-premise and SAP Cloud Platform Integration – IQ in AWS possible (with special connectors)
Continuum of Care Managed Data Services Engagement Model
The Continuum of Care Managed Data Services is a flexible offering that can be designed to scale from an initial incubation runtime outcome to a production runtime outcome.
Want Continuum of Care Managed Data Services?
The SAP Continuum of Care Managed Data Services is available on a monthly subscription model, either as a complementary offering for the MES product suite or as an independent offering for adopting SAP HANA integration – it includes support for atleast one data source, one data ingestion/integration technology and one target SAP HANA platform, with scope for optionally availing management and integration services for warm and cold storage. Any supported database and ingestion/integration technology can be combined to enable the power of SAP HANA delivered Real-time Manufacturing Insights for continuous business value realization.
- Successful and sustainable IoT application enablement, without disruption
- Continuous value realization before, during and after IoT application enablement
- Outcome based and SLA driven delivery and subscription based engagement
- 24/7 Managed Data Services delivery and service desk support
Contacts & Resources
- Anish Shah, Global Head, Managed Data Services email@example.com
- Arun Sitaraman, Director, Managed Data Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional contacts on our Public JAM space (SAP internal access only)
- Continuum of Care Managed Data Services Positioning