SAP on Microsoft Azure: News on SUSE, Red Hat Linux and HANA support
Microsoft Azure offers infrastructure services that can be utilized for deployment of SAP products.
Beside SAP applications running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher, SAP supports its applications on specified SLES versions on Azure since May 2016.
These currently are:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (SLES12)
- SUSE SLES for SAP Applications (based on SLES12)
Since September 2016, you are additionally allowed to run SAP applications on Red Hat with Microsoft Azure.
Supported versions are:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7)
- Red Hat RHEL for SAP (based on RHEL7)
- Red Hat RHEL for SAP HANA (based on RHEL7)
For details on supported Linux versions, SAP applications, kernel versions and Azure instance types, see SAP Note 1928533.
For support of SAP HANA with Microsoft Azure, check SAP Note 2316233.
For more information around SAP NetWeaver applcations on Azure, check my Wiki site SAP on Azure.