I’m working on a customer where I’m responsible to setup BO security for Lumira. I’ve hit a few issues along the way. Some of the issues I wasn’t able to find in any google search or post and some I was able to find. So I’d like to share this with the community.
This will be a living blog as I work my way through setting up security for Lumira at the customer.
Their requirement is have 2 types of users:
1) Users that can view Lumira reports
2) Users that can develop new reports and modify existing reports.
The customer is taking on the full self service model, where end users will be the developers of reports.
Now the technical stuff:
– BI 4.2 SP3
– Lumira 1.31.1
– BW 7.3
– SAP Mobile 6.4
– Lumira connects to BW through a BICS connection
Okay now to explain some business scenarios.
– A development user has created a Lumira dashboard using the desktop tool. They want to save it to the BI Launchpad. They get the following error message:
They also find they get a similar error message when trying to edit and over-right existing Lumira documents.
The access level assigned to that folder should have the following two General Rights set to ‘Allow’…see below:
– Users want to view reports through a mobile device such as an iPad. This feature is standard configuration in BI 4.2. This standard configuration does not leverage the mobile categories on the BI Platform. This means that anyone and everyone can see Lumira reports on their mobile device. This is a Problem!!! But thankfully there is a way to disable this…with instructions from the SAP Admin Guide. Once disabled, you can create mobile categories with security, so you can control what mobile reports people see…including Lumira. See configuration below:
Hope this helps, I’ll post more as I find it. Or leave questions in the comments below.