How to Add Extension Fields to Standard Queries with Key User Tools (HTML 5)
There is a way to extend SAP queries with Extension Fields by simply using Key User Tools.
If you need to use those fields in the PDI itself you can make use of the “Custom Object References”
I tried this with HTML 5; for Silverlight please look here.
- As we use the Key User Tools your Business User should be a Key User.
This means the “Application and User Management” work center must be assigned to this user.
- Go to the UI for which you want to enhance the query.
- Switch to Edit Master Layout via the menu.
- Expand the UI by clicking on Show Advanced Filter so that the individual query parameters are
- On Mouse-Over the Key User functions are displayed.
Click on the blue “+” sign and chose Add Fields.
- In the following popup you can add a new field.
Finally tick the Select checkbox for all those fields you want add to the query and then click on Apply.
- Now you see the field(s) at the end of regular query parameters.
- Finally persist the changes by clicking on End Layout Changes.
- To make this visible the normal rules for assiging Business Rules to UIs and users apply.
That’s all, folks.
Hope you are fine, i am try to add the Tax ID field and isn't working in the query, can you tell me what can i do to solve this problem??
I need some more information:
we have an issue with the account central search field in C4C, customer need searching Account & Contact Information by Tax Number (Field TaxID) which is widely used as unique ID number for both persons and organizations in Chile.
In the standard delivery (1711), we can enable the TaxID field in the “advanced search” via KUT without problems.
However, in the central search is not taken into account. We would like to know how to enable this behavior (development?), since its priority 1 for end user acceptance. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
I've asked a colleague and he told that any added field should automatically be added to the basic search (= central search).
Therefore it should work.
So, please create an incident for this.
Thanks for the informations
Thank you for sharing info.
Can you use these KUT fields in query's in a PDI solution? So I need to be able to query for example an account on a value in an added KUT field from within a PDI development.
Simply use the Code Completion if you are using a query in ABSL coding.
You will not see this field. 🙁
Because this adds the fields to this query in this UI only.
Is it correct that fields from a full custom object. eg. Custom object X can be added to the query of a standard object eg. Business Partner?
thanks in advance for the reply
This is currently not possible.
But we are working on this. 🙂
Nice to hear. Any idea when this will be available?