We’ve implemented some exciting changes in the new platform to help improve the quality of community content, such as blog posts, including the three-tier blogger levels. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your blogging experience with the new SAP Community:
- Write a personal narrative. Blogs should be used to share a personal experience or opinion, best practices, or stories.
- Choose a topic that interests a wide audience, rather than a niche group.
- Be sure to tag your content with the most relevant primary tag and any additional relevant secondary and/or user tags.
- Keep it brief. Stick to the point and add details only when it benefits the purpose of your article.
- Include media, such as images or embedded videos. Not only do these create visual interest, they can help to explain complex concepts or add depth to a story.
- Include a call-to-action, such as “For more details, please visit this user guide [link]” or “Click here to sign up for a future meeting.” This helps the reader to answer the infamous “so what?” question upon finishing your post.
To learn more about getting started with blogging, please check out my blog post & demo video.