Tips for Creating Engaging Blogs in the New SAP Community
We’ve implemented some exciting changes in the new platform to help improve the quality of community content, such as blog posts, including the three-tier blogger levels. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your blogging experience with the new SAP Community:
- Write a personal narrative. Blogs should be used to share a personal experience or opinion, best practices, or stories.
- Choose a topic that interests a wide audience, rather than a niche group.
- Be sure to tag your content with the most relevant primary tag and any additional relevant secondary and/or user tags.
- Keep it brief. Stick to the point and add details only when it benefits the purpose of your article.
- Include media, such as images or embedded videos. Not only do these create visual interest, they can help to explain complex concepts or add depth to a story.
- Include a call-to-action, such as “For more details, please visit this user guide [link]” or “Click here to sign up for a future meeting.” This helps the reader to answer the infamous “so what?” question upon finishing your post.
To learn more about getting started with blogging, please check out my blog post & demo video.
nice tips, thank you.
But I think they are not specific to the new SAP Community at all, are they?
They would all have applied to blogging in SCN, too!
(Well, except “Be sure to tag your content with the most relevant primary tag and any additional relevant secondary and/or user tags.” but there would have been an equivalent in SCN: “Use the right space and give appropriate tags“).
I think I do agree with most of your tips, but I would like to add my suggestion about
-> Blog about stuff you know and/or care about, no matter if it attracts a small or a big group! (If only a few people are interest in your topic, they will be even happier to read high-quality content!)
Your link three-tier blogger Levels.does not work
"This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?" 🙂
Hello Horst, Jamie!
Sorry for inconvenience. We found this post here three-tier blogger Levels .
Thanks to you both! I've updated the link in the blog 🙂
I do believe all of the concepts you’ve introduced in your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, May you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.
Blogger are very smart now and these tips are very basic . i think to get engagement you need to update now
Thanks for your comment. Much of the blogging guidance that I create here is at an entry level to help people take the leap into becoming a blogger for the first time. As time progresses, I will work on adding more advanced level content to help bloggers who want to take their work to the next level. Thanks again!