I hope below information gives you basic details on SAP C4C.
In today’s competitive market, it is important to meet customer requirements and align your sales, marketing and service business lines to provide higher customer satisfaction. It is also important to design a cheap, integral solution that helps an organization to achieve its objectives and meet customer needs in a flexible environment.
SAP Cloud for customer (C4C) is a cloud solution to manage customer sales, customer service and marketing activities efficiently and is one of the key SAP solution to manage customer relationship.
SAP C4C is based on the following individual products :
- SAP Cloud for Sales
- SAP Cloud for Marketing
- SAP Cloud for Social Engagement
- SAP Cloud for Service and Cloud for Field Service
- Employee Central Service Center – leveraging Successfactors Employee Central/HR solution.
Following are the key objectives of SAP Cloud for Customer:
- Business Processes
SAP C4C Key Points
Following are some interesting facts about SAP C4C :
- You can easily integrate C4C solution to SAP ECC, CRM and Outlook using SAP NW Process Integration or
SAP HANA Cloud Integration HCI for standard scenarios
- SAP C4C is a new product of SAP based on SaaS (software as a service), PaaS (Platform as a service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a service).
- SAP C4C connectors are available for popular middleware like Dell Boomi for cloud integration, Informatica, MuleSoft for application integration etc.
Advantages of SAP C4C
Following are the benefits of using C4C management :
- One of the key benefits of using SAP C4C is its operation expenditure cost and operation maintenance.
- You can take licenses as per your requirement and it can be increased on demand.
- SAP C4C solution is managed by vendor and all operational costs and maintenance is the vendor’s responsibility.
- SAP C4C solution allows you to manage customer needs from anywhere and with seven-layer security from cloud service providers.
- You can access all customer information regardless where they are stored or available
- SAP C4C is based on cloud and use secure and fast communication using web, mobile and supporting mobile platforms iOS, Android and Windows devices, in both online and offline mode.
SAP C4C – Architecture
SAP C4C has multitenant architecture where solution and components is shared between multiple customers.
There is an option to go for single tenant by paying additional cost. In a multiple tenant environment, all the updates and releases are built on C4C custom solutions for multiple clients.
SAP C4C provides prepacked integration for SAP ECC, CRM and Outlook. It consists of HTML5 UI, Silverlight UI, and mobile Apps for IOS, Android platform and HANA for HANA Cloud integration HCI
SAP C4C solution can be easily integrated with SAP ERP and CRM on premise solution.
There are two ways of integration:
SAP Process Integration PI/PO integration is recommended when you are already using process integration for on premise systems
SAP HANA Cloud Integration HCI integration is recommended when you have to perform cloud-to-cloud integration
SAP C4C – Public tenant Vs Private tenant
When a customer goes for SAP C4C production tenant, there is a test tenant provided as free to the customer. A separate unique URL is provided for each tenant. A customer can also purchase permanent test tenant subscription.
Public tenant: SAP C4C solution is hosted on cloud tenant that has many customers .
Private tenant : C4C customers can also go for private purchase edition, which allows them to subscribe for a tenant with no other customer on it.
SAP C4C production and test tenants are always of separate system. A customer can purchase a permanent test tenant and it is recommended only when SDK solution is in use.
Each tenant has a unique 6 digit number and tenant URL looks like https://myXXXXXX.crm.ondemand.com , XXXXXX denotes tenant number
SAP C4C – User Interface
In SAP C4C system we have three types of UIs.
SAP C4C is used by end-users. This is considered as light version and provides fast and easy access to different work centers suitable for the end-users in C4C environment.
The user interface framework for SAP C4C for end-users is based on HTML 5. All business user features and functions are available in HTML 5. Most of the administrator features and functions are still only available in Silverlight.
To access HTML5-SAP C4C user interface, open Internet Explorer and type your tenant URL
This C4C-Silverlight user interface is used by Administrator. For this, you need to install Microsoft Silverlight in your local system.
Note − the default client is HTML5 but C4C administrators can launch the Silverlight UI from the Adaptation menu to access the configuration relevant work centers.
To open Silverlight UI mode, go to the Adapt tab at the top and select Launch Microsoft Silverlight.
Various capabilities offered by responsive UI (RUI) via the mobile extended edition (Field Service).
—— To be continued ——–