I have been working with S4HANA 1511 since the beginning of the year and have done couple of project so have a good idea of its features. I am also aware that several customers are waiting to kick start their S4HANA transformation with the next version 1610 which has been released on 31st October 2016
SAP have covered the features of 1610 at TechEd Las Vegas last month and will continue to run similar sessions at Bangalore later this week and in Barcelona next month. Here is link to TEC100 from TechEd 2016 covering the S4HANA Roadmap for cloud and 1610 OP.
Here is the link to the 1610 Highlights (recording) hosted by ASUG on 29th Sep and presented by Carl Dubler, SAP, Director of Product Marketing for SAP S/4HANA. The first part of the webinar covers some of the Fiori 2.0 features and the last part shows some of the 1610 simplifications and innovations. The presentation is also attached to the link for quick reference.
Scope of 1610
My PoV on 1610 based on the above two sessions are:
- PPDS embedded into S/4HANA. Some companies can continue to run APO as a side-by-side system.
- eWM embedded into S/4HANA. Some Retail, Distribution and LSPs will always continue to run EWM as a stand alone system (due to business and volume needs)
- Advance Available to Promise through new ABAP code push down.
- Simplification of Portfolio and Project Management for S4HANA
- Bringing the full scope of Oil & Gas downstream functions and Retail to 1610.
- PLM embedded into S/4HANA
- Integrated Quality Management
- Entire S/4HANA Finance now included in scope of 1610.
- New Fiori apps for Sales Order and Contract management
- Fiori2.0 which bring in some new innovations.
Here is a guide to the best documents and links to understand the features in details.
- Please start by reading the Feature Scope Document first.
- The Simplification Guide is a must read and all. This SCN blog provides an easy start to the simplification guide.
- The next most important piece of information is in Best Practice guide which can be found on the best practice explorer or on Service Market Place (SMP)
- Finally review the Innovation Discovery Portal. This has a list of all innovations and some are delivered with 1610 (Thanks Somnath Manna & Monika Patel) and other will be delivered in future releases.
- Help Portal for all the rest of the documentation and online help.
- #S4HANA 1610 Release information on one page