Last year started a recurring event hosted by Spanish SAP User Group (AUSAPE) and SAP Spain that allows SAP Customers from AUSAPE to know who are behind SAP Support and discover latest tools & news around SAP Support.
Last Wednesday September 28th I had the chance to visit Global Support Center Spain placed in SAP Spain H.Q. in Madrid.
The meeting agenda at a glance was
- Reception & Welcome
- Next Generation Support: SAP Product Support Offerings & Social Media
- Visit to Support Center workplace and introduce STM’s (Support Team Manager)
Pic 1 – Reception and welcome with Bernhard Luecke – Head Global Support Center Spain
From customer’s point of view, it was a very interesting and productive visit. Customers were able to put a face to the people who answer their support tickets, and that always improves relation between two parties.
SAP Support team started to talk about Launchpad as new support entry point replacing old tools, and provided a lot of useful links to blogs where new Launchpad functionalities and tip&tricks are detailed.
After Launchpad introduction was the moment to introduce new support tools I would like to mention
- Knowledge Base Articles (aka KBA) produced mainly by Product Support. Differentiation from Notes here.
- Real-time support using Chat. Take a look at this KBA : 2213344 – Starting a chat with SAP Support
- Automated Note Search & Customer Code Detection tool (aka ANST), where this powerful tool allows you to find errors when tracing a bug in a process, and afterwards (and based on system patch level) shows a list of sap notes candidates to solve the bug. Also valid with custom code 🙂 This was an idea from SAP Support Spain team, congrats!. Take a look at this in Note 1818192 – FAQ: Automated Note Search Tool
- Performance Assistant Notes and KBAs Search (aka PANKS) This tools shows notes and kba info from Error messages. Details at Note 2096401 – FAQs: Performance assistant notes and kbas search PANKS
- And finally ST22 Search Notes functionality, that shows notes from a dump info. More info at KBA – 2102812 Search for correction Notes in transaction ST22
Pic 2 – Elena Colado – Support Team Manager at Global Support Center Spain
Last part of the meeting was dedicated to present Product Support Social Media Program and its 2016 vision.
At this point, SAP Support Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin channels were introduced as well as the worldwide Social Media team that is behind the program. Social Media Manager described the different types of interaction that are happening in each channel and how the social media team managed them.
Channels commented were:
- Twitter :SAP Support Help (@SAPSupportHelp) | Twitter and SAP Cloud Support (@SAPCloudSupport) | Twitter
- Facebook : SAP Product Support | Facebook
- Youtube: SAP Digital Business Services – YouTube
- Linkedin: SAP Digital Business Services
Pic 3 – Chusa de Castro – Project and Social Media Manger at Global Support Center Spain
Finally SAP Support team shared how they are organized showing their organizational structure and area with the names of each area. This point was much appreciated by the customers who found it as a transparency exercise.
The event ended with a stand-up buffet, where networking had a starring role.
In summary, it was a great day!