INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY FOR MORE EFFICIENT LAW ENFORCEMENT
To reduce cost, optimize resources and to reduce crime with predictive policing the French Police builds on the wealth of information that resides within their various databases, all in compliance with privacy and legal regulations.
And the challenges they face are tremendous, but at the same time not uncommon for a national police force: challenges such the the high variety of data sources (most of them also siloed), too much data in too many formats (structured /unstructured data, pictures, videos, tweets, ), the data quality etc.
To address these challenges, the customer turned to SAP HANA and SAP BI to assist users in data processing and data exploitation. Both help the department to optimize the management of structured and unstructured data, starting from data collection to outputs such as predictive analytics.
Resulting benefits are
- an increase in safety,
- optimized resources (both on human level and logistics), and
- a stronger focus on data driven policing.
And who uses SAP HANA & SAP BI and for which purpose?
Please find next a few examples:
- Operational police chiefs can better identify areas which need be patrolled during the day.
- Inventory staff can optimize vehicle allocations,
- Operational chiefs can predict e.g the hot spots for car thefts,
- The planning department can forecast the national trends for burglaries,
- The HR department now understands the reasons behind the fluctuation of civilian employees
- The Communication Department can monitor the current reputation of the force through social media sentiment analysis.
Do you want to see more?
The French Police kindly accepted my invitation to speak on a recent SAP Forum in Switzerland about their experience with SAP and SAP HANA. So please read yourself, I hope you take a moment to soak in this momentous accomplishment.
From my perspective it can well serve as a showcase for law enforcement worldwide, representing the power that innovation and technology can contribute to the safety and well-being of people and to more efficient law enforcement.
The French Ministry of Home Affairs Homeland Security IT Department: Enhancement of operational data for the benefit of law enforcement: http://www.sapevent.ch/landingpagesfr/Manager/uploads/1624/Gendarmerie%20Nationale.pdf
I would like I would like to sincerely thank Lieutenant-Colonel B. Vincent and Mr T. Sananikone for accepting my invitation and for presenting on the SAP Forum.
Global Solution Manager for SAP Public Security and Future Cities in EMEA
Industry Business Solutions