SAP TechEd Las Vegas 2016 is now a wrap! For the SAP Mentors team, the event was a big success on many levels. We are especially proud to hear Mentors acknowledged for their community contributions in the Keynote, while equally proud to see Mentors active in all aspects of TechEd – from pre-conference activities to lecture sessions to evening events. See below for highlights from last week and a few resources to help continue the conversation.
- 60 SAP Mentor and 8 active Mentor Alumni contributions:
117 Sessions = 67 Hands-on Workshops, 20 Networking Sessions, 15 Lectures, other sessions were Road Map Q&A, Product Influencing Sessions, Hands-on Workshops lasting 4 hours and 4 Design Thinking Sessions.
Out of the 100 ASUG sessions, we had 12 ASUG Sessions presented by SAP Mentors/Mentor alumni
- 10 Exclusive SAP executives and subject-matter experts discussions with:
Bjoern Goerke, Irfan Khan, Sam Yen, Greg McStravick, Ann Rosenberg, Sven Denecken, Stefan Sigg, Jayne Landry, Jürgen Hagedorn, Erik Marcade, Gerrit Kazmaier, Andy Cobbold, Thomas Grassl, Jimmy Liddar, Dennis Schwerer, Elvira Wallis
- SAP Executive Keynote: Björn Goerke featuring the SAP Jam Band “Fiori Rocks” powered by SAP Mentors. Pictures here
- The “Fiori Rocks” Jam Band entertained the TechEd crowd during the Networking Reception. View the highlights of their performance here
- Booth Tours: exclusively for SAP Mentors “Innovation Center Network and Machine Learning” and “openSAP”
- Technical Advisory session with SAP Partner Cisco Systems
- TechEd Live Studio 13 interviews that SAP Mentors participated in.
- DemoJam: Shout-out to our community contributors
- Great Networking opportunities at the “Mentors & Friends Reception” with special guests Bjoern Goerke and the team responsible for his keynote, as well as a great birthday cake for 20 years SAP TechEd with SAP TechEd event leads Maria Squicciarini and Ric Rogers
- SAP Mentors and Community Central room on the TechEd show floor held daily Open Houses, and was the place to be! Mentors provided SAP’s One Digital Experience team with feedback on the beta Community platform.
- SAP Networking Sessions: Members of the SAP Mentors Advisory Board helped increase transparency for the program by explaining their mission and answering questions about the program. All Networking sessions here
- 10 Community Sessions: Thanks to Moya Watson we had 10 very successful SAP Community Sessions, with great participation and audience attendance. Session list here
- The personal invitation by Mentors to attend SAP TechEd was a nice touch! Why stop there? Let’s have some fun with #CatchaMentor game
- Author Book signing with SAP Mentor Ingo Hilgefort (Ingo signed 400 books in one hour!)
- We are very proud of SAP Mentor Denise Nepraunig who not only released her book “SAP UI5 – The Comprehensive Guide”, but also became famous for her t-shirt design (that was handed out bySAP Press at TechEd) and being in Bjoern Goerke’s Keynote Team.
- Pre-Event Community Session SAP Mentors getting ready for SAP TechEd
- Tammy Powlas and Ann Rosenberg volunteered as “SAP Mentor” Data Genius judges – Read Tammy’s blog and see a nice video with pictures
- More insights from TechEd:
- Jelena Perfiljeva’s personal recount of TechEd Day-1 Day-2 Day-3 Day-4
- Tammy’s TechEd blog as well as SAP TechEd session recap Ingo’s ASUG Pre-Conference ASUG pre-conference session on SAP Design Studio
- Daniel Graversen’s integration video blog
- Graham Robinson’s blog about SAP TechEd & HANA Express Edition
- Ronald Konijnenburg’s blog about Web scraping and text analysis
It’s a wrap!
Looking at the big list above, we are happy and proud to have such a diverse group of SAP Mentors that help us keep SAP relevant through all these diverse activities. You may agree if we say that we were really able to gather diverse perspectives at TechEd Las Vegas, built new relationships, supported our networking and co-innovation and also the “celebrating part” was successful! Looking forward to the next TechEds in Bangalore and Barcelona to come.
Thank you for being a part of this and for making this week a success for the SAP Mentors program.
- Special Thanks to the SAP TechEd team & organizers: Maria Squicciarini, Ric Rogers, Dawn Tan, Kerry Todd, Andrea Carlson, Dianna DiSanto, Jason Lax, Idit Herzog, Cathy Nicastro
- Thanks our Sponsors: Bjoern Goerke, Sam Yen and Alycia De Avila
- To all SAP Mentors Topic Leads Alexandra Carvalho, Bhanu Gupta, Chris Rae, Graham Robinson, Jelena Perfiljeva, Jocelyn Dart, Leonardo de Araujo, Matthias Steiner, Robin Van Het Hof, Simha Magal, Simon Kemp, Simon To, Tammy Powlas, Thorsten Franz, Tom van Doorslaer, Session owners, presenters and all SAP Mentors
TechEd Replays are be available here
Discussion and notes in SAP Mentors JAM Group (SAP Employees and SAP Mentors Only)
TechEd Las Vegas homepage
Yours, SAP Mentors Program Team