How can you keep your head when something goes completely wrong? TQM Konstantin Kudymov is sharing the best practices… On September 28, Konstantin shared Mindfulness Practice with Product Support and Solution Support Departments in Moscow, Russia.
Why is it important?
In Big Data world, we do not have time to stop and think. Mobiles, tablets, computers with internet consume all our time. Our brain does not have time to stop and finalize the thought. Mindfulness Practice is helping to stop this run and to:
– increase effectiveness
– reduce stress
– change habits (get rid of bad ones and adopt good ones)
– increase usability of soft skills
– change our perception of world and make us feel happy
How to use mindfulness practice?
The best way is meditation or consciousness of breathing. If you practice meditation, you probably already know how to be “here” and not to think about the past or future. So just continue and make it an everyday practice. Otherwise, you can begin being conscious of your breathing. Find a quiet place and concentrate on your respiration. Take a 3 deep breathes and try not to think. It is hard not to think but just breathe. Therefore, you can start with 3 minutes of practice and then gradually increase the duration.
What can you do if you cannot sit still, breathe and stop thinking?
There is a workaround for fidgety people. Try to add a touch of mindfulness to any kind of your activities. If you are walking, think about your legs and the easiness of their movement. If you are having a meal, think about the food you are eating right now, how tasty it is, how you bite it, chew and so on. In case you are doing sport, it is a really good possibility to concentrate on what you are doing at the moment.
How mindfulness practice can help in stressful situations?
You should mentally fulfill 3 stages:
1) Realize that you are stressed or something concerns you.
2) Make a pause. Take a few breaths or even do a mindfulness practice. This will help you to accept the situation or at least calm you down.
3) Think about yourself. Why does this situation make you feel so uncomfortable? Why do you feel stress when just doing your daily job? Analyze your feeling and try to acknowledge the other people’s viewpoint. In most cases, we react overly emotional because our values are undermined. You need to either accept that not all people have the same values or try to change the situation so that your values are not endangered.
What about the last advice?
Mindfulness is not a synonym for passiveness. It just helps you to act cool-headed.
If you are interested in this topic, feel free to join SAP Global Mindfulness Practice page https://jam4.sapjam.com/wiki/show/J3aCQeZyUHLjEgNASIgMpE.
You may also read “The One Skill” by Leo Babauta or “Search Inside Yourself” by Jon Kabat-zinn and Daniel Goleman.