HANA Cloud Platform Executive Forum
The OEM HANA Cloud Platform Leadership Forum was a great success. The event was held in conjunction with SAP TechEd Las Vegas, bringing together current partners, new potential partners, SAP executives and SAP HCP product specialists.
The forum was a very interactive 2 day session providing an exclusive opportunity to network with senior SAP HANA Cloud Platform executives, development leadership and current OEM partners. Content featured discussions and presentations from our HCP thought leaders and our existing HCP ISV/OEM partners on how they are leveraging HCP during this time of digital disruption. The event also provided an opportunity to hear and influence SAP’s product direction and learn first-hand about the business opportunities, the technical advantages and how our partners can get started leveraging SAP Hana Cloud Platform.
Camilla Dahlen, Head of ISV, Cloud and Platform Partnerships – North America, summed up the event like this:
“It was exciting to hear from our innovation partners and how their HCP applications drive a different engagement model for their customers. The commitment from the SAP leadership to our platform partners was clear, and the various testimonies demonstrated just how important the platform ecosystem is to SAP. We are a company for application developers.”
Topics covered during the event included:
- SAP’s cloud strategy delivered by Prakash Darji, SVP & GM, Platform as a Service
- Panel discussion moderated by Diane Fanelli, SVP & COO, Digital Enterprise Platform Division, focused on Expectations for the Platform of the Future. Panel participants included Bjorn Goerke, EVP and Corporate Officer, SAP Product & Technology, Paul Young, VP Strategy and SAP HANA Innovation Visionary, San Lakkundi, CIO from Kore, and Jagannath Rao, Head Data Services, Siemens USA.
- How innovative digital technologies are disrupting the way our customers plan and execute their business
- Value of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) and how it can help accelerate your customer’s business transformation
- Partner presentations from Siemens, SearchYourCloud, Kore and Smart Utility Systems rounded out the agenda
- Opportunities to drive new business models and revenue
Key Messages from SAP Executives:
- Digital trends are driving transformation of the way companies do business.
- Companies must become agile allowing response to the changing business climate quickly.
- Data must be delivered in a way to make better and faster decisions.
- The cost savings and flexibility of cloud deployments are becoming an essential component of an organization’s strategy.
- SAP’s HANA Cloud Platform is the platform for digital transformation and is the fastest path to digital transformation. It enables you to: extend your cloud and on-premise applications, and to quickly add new functionality when needed; connect your cloud and on-premise applications to eliminate data silos and integrate your apps and your data; rapidly build and run new cloud apps to solve new business problems, engage new customers, and drive new revenue. Get on board or get left behind in the new digital economy.
Some of our key strategic partners discussed how HCP is allowing them to reach new customers and develop new business models that will allow their customers to expand their businesses and drive incremental revenue.
- Kore business is focused on delivering intelligent bot technology that can provide a personalized virtual assistant for consumers and business application users. Leveraging the power of HCP they are able to increase agility and responsiveness with the ability to interact with SAP and non-SAP business applications. Through our partnership, Kore is now able to extend digital transformation with virtual assistants allowing our joint customers to drive a simplified user experience and new business models. To see more about what Kore is doing with HCP you can watch this video.
“Thank you for the opportunity to attend the OEM HCP Leadership Forum and to present the Kore Intelligent Chatbots developed on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Kore is integrated across the SAP solution portfolio and provides a simple way for customers to create intelligent chatbots in either a cloud or on-premise environment to drive efficiencies across the business. This event was an excellent opportunity for networking with the SAP HCP leadership team as well as the partners that attended the event. This was a great event and one that I hope is repeated every year at TechEd.”
Sam Lakkundi, Chief Innovation Officer, Kore
- SearchYourCloud innovates search and boosts productivity with SAP HCP. Through our partnership, enterprises can finally reap the benefits of distributed, collaborative environments, while maintaining high security, and ensuring users can find the file or data they need, when they need it.
- Siemens MindSphere – Siemens Cloud for Industry interlinks physical products and production facilities with digital data, enabling innovative solutions and getting products onto the market faster, better and more efficiently. That’s why MindSphere – Siemens Cloud for Industry is a key element of the Digital Enterprise Software Suite, the solution to the demands of Industrie 4.0. MindSphere – Siemens Cloud for Industry offers industrial enterprises an open infrastructure based on SAP HANA and allows the creation of new digital services.
- Smart Utility Systems is driving sustainability within the Utilities industry with HCP. SUS is providing Utilities companies and customers a modular approach and integrated approach across sales, service, billing, marketing and commerce.
“Thank you for the opportunity to attend the OEM HCP Leadership Forum and to present the Smart Utility Systems’ Smart Customer Mobile solution developed on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform. This solution provides a 360 degree view of all customer interactions. I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the event and networking with the SAP HCP leadership team as well as the partners that attended the event. Truly a remarkable opportunity, and one I hope is repeated next year.”
Kurt Sweetser, Vice President of Alliance Partnerships and Customer Relations at SUS
For additional information about HANA Cloud Platform take a look at this excellent video series by Prakash Darji.
Digital Transformation with HCP