Skip to Content
Author's profile photo Mithun Kumar Kesireddy

The following database error occurred: (CS) “COM Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous” .

This issue in general is due to the mismatch in the versions

I would like to describe how I got it and how I resolved it

Environment: SAP BI Platform 4.1 SP 6 P4

Data Source: MS SQL Server 2014

The Native client installed on the machine are 10 and 11

But if we look in the patch of

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\oledb

sqlsrv.sbo file I see that the 2014 Sql Server uses 12 as the driver

</DataBase>

         <DataBase Active=”Yes” Name=”MS SQL Server 2014″>

             <Library>dbd_wsqloledb</Library>

             <Parameter Name=”Provider CLSID”>SQLNCLI12</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Enumerator CLSID”>SQLNCLI12 Enumerator</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Extensions”>sqlsrv2014,sqlsrv,oledb</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Driver Capabilities”>Query,Procedures,Cancel</Parameter>

But the once installed are 10 and 11. I did not try installing 12 rather I changed this file to point to 11. Something like this

</DataBase>

         <DataBase Active=”Yes” Name=”MS SQL Server 2014″>

             <Library>dbd_wsqloledb</Library>

             <Parameter Name=”Provider CLSID”>SQLNCLI11</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Enumerator CLSID”>SQLNCLI11 Enumerator</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Extensions”>sqlsrv2014,sqlsrv,oledb</Parameter>

             <Parameter Name=”Driver Capabilities”>Query,Procedures,Cancel</Parameter>

and the error goes away.

Hope this helps someone!

MK

Assigned Tags

      2 Comments
      You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.
      Author's profile photo Muhammad Ali Toor
      Muhammad Ali Toor

      i am this already as '11' still getting an error while connecting to sql server 2014 with IDT.

       

      Author's profile photo Former Member
      Former Member

      Absolutely brilliant! This issue has been bugging me for months and this fixed it. Thanks.