It was great to meet so many customers at TechEd and hear your success stories with SAP Screen Personas. As in most years, we had full sessions for the hands-on sessions and good attendance for the lectures, even early on Friday morning. We also had some packed networking sessions on the show floor; the one about Fiori and SAP Screen Personas attracted over 100 people to hear about this important topic. The one on how SAP Screen Personas makes S/4HANA even better also drew a large crowd.
Many people asked for copies of our presentations. You can download whatever interests you here:
- Expert session on how SAP Screen Personas AND SAP Fiori work together to enhance the user experience.
- Expert session on how SAP Screen Personas makes SAP S/4HANA even more awesome
- Expert session on how to build high-performance scripts with SAP Screen Personas
- Expert session on how to use templates to build flavors even faster with SAP Screen Personas
- 1-hour lecture session, UX209
- 2-hour hands-on session, UX261
One of the highlights of TechEd was the customer appreciation event we held on Tuesday night. Over 200 people joined us to hear brief presentations from several partners as well as SAP Chief Design Officer Sam Yen. Everyone had a chance to talk about user experience and pose for selfies with (Madame Tussauds wax versions of) Gaga, LeBron James, Johnny Depp, and Jennifer Lopez.
I also had the opportunity to participate in my first Periscope interview. Thank you to Alex Bogdan and Joe Dabaghian for scheduling this as part of their TechEd user experience series.
Everyone from the product team had many great conversations on the show floor. Topics covered release strategy, performance tuning questions, and troubleshooting scripts. Two of the most common discussion points were how SAP Screen Personas interacts with Fiori and S/4HANA.
SAP Screen Personas is part of the Fiori user experience
By now, everyone probably knows that Fiori is the new look and feel for SAP Software. Most people think about Fiori apps from the reference library or building their own apps in UI5. What you might not realize is that SAP Screen Personas is perhaps the fastest and easiest way to achieve the Fiori user experience on ECC. Sam Yen emphasized this in his strategy talk at TechEd (SAP Screen Personas section starts at around the 40:00 point on the recording).
SAP Screen Personas extends Fiori coverage in S/4HANA
One common question was whether SAP Screen Personas plays a role in S/4HANA. The answer is an emphatic yes! The following image (from Sam’s strategy talk) shows where SAP Screen Personas fits into our customers various ERP deployment options.
Some recent use cases for using SAP Screen Personas with S/4HANA include:
- A global food company is extending Simple Finance with 85 flavors to provide complete Fiori coverage, including transforming many custom transactions
- A global technology company is using SAP Screen Personas to create Fiori-designs to fill gaps where Fiori coverage does not yet exist in S/4HANA
- A major telecommunications company is using SAP Screen Personas for inventory management in their retail locations. This is not currently covered by Fiori in S/4HANA.
The product team is looking forward to meeting many more people at TechEd in Barcelona and Bangalore.