DON’T MISS SAPRadio Changing the Game with HR Episode 10: “Performance Management 2.0: Engaging the Entire Talent Spectrum ” – on Changing the Game with HR Radio – September 29 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET – Follow us on Twitter: #SAPRadio.
This last episode is part of a 10-episode SAP SuccessFactors radio series that started on May 26 on the VoiceAmerica network Business Channel, SAP Radio Changing the Game with HR. The series will run through to the end of September and all shows will be recorded and available for download or playing via the website. Our previous show, “Making HR Strategic: A Training Ecosystem Beyond Your 4 Walls” is available here.
Leaders and employees alike have complained for years about annual performance reviews that miss the mark when it comes to motivating and developing the behaviors and skills needed to meet corporate objectives. The argument is that the function and the systems that support it don’t provide leaders with the ability to deliver meaningful and actionable insights and constructive feedback that keep employees engaged on reaching targets. Further, the one-size fits all approach to performance management and the use of ratings for annual assessment don’t meet the needs of today’s diverse workforce.
The good news is that leading HR departments are beginning to enable leaders and their teams with a continuous performance management function whereby ongoing dialogue, frequent coaching, and constructive feedback is delivered. Systems are now being deployed to capture talent data that enables the right level of investments in training and mentoring.
At the same time organizations are having to face the reality that not all employees perform at the same level. Embracing employee differentiation requires new solutions that effectively deal with the fact that all employees are valuable but some are more valuable than others. Approaches are now being deployed that allow for differences in how organizations develop and coach employees, recognize and reward them, and engage and motivate them. The result is increased use of calibration to drive discussion and agreement on the performance levels of employees. Evaluations, calibration, and rewards are now more accurately aligned with performance and contribution, enabling better decisions across the talent management continuum.
This radio program will explore how leading companies are redesigning their performance management systems leading to a more engaged and effective workforce including:
- Discussions on the tipping point for replacing annual performance reviews with continuous feedback
- Insight into how performance coaching and performance investment lead to greater business impact
- Distinguishing between top talent and the rest of the population, and what to do about it
- The movement toward continuous calibration and the benefit across all areas of talent management
- Creating customized performance management to more effectively address the individual needs of each employee
Join host Bonnie D. Graham as she talks with panelists:
- Dr. Deborah Ford – Management consultant lead with Accenture overseeing global client engagements in Communications, Media & Technology. Ford is an industrial organizational psychologist and transformation change agent in HR and talent management.
- Dr. Steven Hunt – SAP SuccessFactors senior vice president responsible for HCM research. Hunt is an industrial organizational psychologist, a recognized expert on strategic HR and talent management, and an active author and speaker.
- Strausie Markham – SAP SuccessFactors solution adoption advisor with deep HCM product and domain expertise. Markam is a respectedhought leader, advocate and consultative advisor to companies across a range of industries.
To learn about transforming HR for the digital workforce go www.successfactors.com