The first SAP Next-Gen Case Competition for students from the University of Sydney (UniSyd) and University of New South Wales (UNSW) was held on 20th September 2016 at SAP Sydney office, with 30 extremely talented students who passed the preliminary round and competed on that night. This is organised in collaboration with BITSA and BISA, student associations from UNSW and UniSyd respectively.
The case for this competition revolved around Conquering Digital Disruption through Digital Transformation and focused on Flight Centre and their struggle to compete against pure-play travel agencies or those with a strong digital presence. Students worked in teams of 3 or 4, to develop a strategy in 40 minutes to present to our panel of judges from SAP Digital Business Services organisation and Deloitte.
Without the support of our sponsored societies, BITSA and BISA and the DBS organisation, this event wouldn’t have been possible. We received a lot of positive feedback from students as it was an enjoyable yet challenging experience for all. We hope to host more of these competitions in the future to attract more talented students.
- Christian Schroefl, Delivery Execution Leader NSW
- Stephen Shirley, Delivery Execution Leader Financial Services
- Richard Kelaher, Delivery Executive
- Leigh Mason, Senior Development Consultant
- Gregory Jacobson, Enterprise Application Consultant, Deloitte
- Katrina Foster, Senior HR Business Partner