If DataScope handling is not activated, entire data model ( in the UI Component ) data is fetched from server.
e.g. If a Thing Inspector has 10 facets and each facet has a list. On load of the Thing Inspector, all 10 lists data is fetched from server. On load of thing inspector, only header and first facet are shown i.e. 9 facets data is unnecessarily fetched.
This adds to performance overhead in following ways:
- Unnecessary load on the server
- Large payloads transmitted over network
- Processing these large payloads on client
Activate data scope handling to fetch only data that is currently relevant (visible to user) from server.
To activate data scope handling for a UI component:
- Open the UI Component in SDK Studio
- In Properties section of the UI Component, Look for the field “Activate DataScope Handling” ( Highlighted in 1st image below)
- Change “Activate DataScope Handling” from “False” to “True”
- Test functionality and ensure that its working as expected
- Even though a section of data model is not part of current data scope, it can be made part of it by using Guard Conditions
- If fields used in script are not part of current data scope, those can be made part of it by scoping the fields ( see 2nd image below ). This cab be done as part of script operation configuration.