Below is a collection of #digital tweets from the last 2 weeks – from my perspective the trends, tips and digital news that’s worth a read whether you’re a casual observer or a fellow CDO.
• 13 Sep 2016 Columnist Eric Enge addresses the importance of sustainable competitive advantage, and where opportunities lie in the worlds of SEO and digital marketing. Read more about it here.
• 14 Sep 2016 Agriculture – one of the least digital sectors of the global economy – is slowly adopting more and more technology. The Oregon Unmanned Aerial Systems Future Farm is a real-world testing ground for drones to help farmers.
• 14 Sep 2016 Criminals are creating new, sophisticated digital currencies to keep pace with technology. In response, Europol launched a new law enforcement group dedicated to digital currencies.
• 15 Sep 2016 According to research done by Computer World’s Thornton May, 3 to 11% of the employee population does not support digital disruption initiatives. Read more about digital dissidents here.
• 17 Sep 2016 Do you want to travel 750 miles per hour? A new Hyperloop test site near Las Vegas shows commitment to making high-speed travel a reality. Check it out.
• 18 Sep 2016 Illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing may have depleted up to 26 tons of fish from the ocean. But that may change soon thanks to Global Fishing Watch, a new partnership between Google, Oceana and SkyTruth.
• 20 Sep 2016 Love gadgets? Check out this article from Digital Trends listing some of the coolest non-commercial tech products like atomizing faucet nozzles and robot hands.
• 22 Sep 2016 McKinsey thinks economies could be boosted by $3.7T over the next decade if emerging markets fully embrace digital finance. Learn more here.
• 24 Sep 2016 A new concept gadget, Scrip, is giving digital currency that real money feel. Read more why Scrip holds digital value in this economy.