Wednesday was again fully packed with lot of HCP lecture and hands-on sessions, live interviews with HCP experts, customers and partners using HCP, busy show floor, Networking reception and DemoJAM. Here is the recap for today’s activities at TechEd:
5K Run: The day started with 5K run. HCP expert enthusiasts recharged themselves with this run early morning.
HCP Sessions: Wednesday was packed with all HANA Cloud Platform Lectures and hands-on sessions starting at 8 AM in the morning.
Here are the glimpses of some of the sessions:
– Again full house session of DEV260: Hands-on session – Extend Your SAP S/4HANA Using SAP HANA Cloud Platform
– Audience getting their hands dirty at session- ANP262: SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Cloud – In Action
– DEV118: Extending Collaboration Services with SAP HANA Cloud Platform and SAP Jam. Keytree folks used Hololens, SAP Jam, HCP gamification service, Open Social gadget AND Cloud Foundry in order to land rocket on Mars. Here is the Periscope video: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1DXxyLpZEgnJM
– Jenny Lundberg and Michael Phorn talking about- DEV830: Road Map Q&A: SAP HANA Cloud Platform
– DEV827- Full house session abt innovations for HCP’s Interactive Forms software by Adobe and SAP Forms as a Service by Adobe
– Dileep Somani,CIO of OTE Group talked about how Oman Trading Establishment(OTE) Group successfully mobilized its enterprise using mobile services on HCP
– Rockwell automation quickly made their standard and custom applications available on mobile by using SAP Fiori Cloud and HCP
Live interviews: There were some live interviews focusing on HANA Cloud Platform. Replays available here
– Bjoern Georke talked about how you can build apps around the core without any risk using HCP
– Carsten Boennen talked about SAP API Management- What’s new for developers?
– Roger Lennon from Graybar, Dan Lahl, and Dan Kearnan talked about how Graybar has leveraged the SAP HANA Cloud Platform to quickly build engaging Analytic Apps
– Oliver Kohl and Matthias Steiner highlighted how the New SCN is truly an enterprise-grade proof point for microservice architecture based on HCP
– Praksh Darji and Accenture’s Digital Architect Vincent Kruse talked about how Accenture developed a personal healthcare assistant application, NURSY, on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform in less than a week
Show floor and Networking reception:
Show floor was very busy throughout the day. People were excited to see smart building demo built using HCP IoT services. There was a networking reception in the evening 6-8 PM. Sam Yen led the band on the show floor.
Michael Hill ran Integration clinic in the morning and addresses questions about all the integration tools available under HCP.
SAP InnoJam started on Saturday afternoon. The theme was Educational Research. There were total 10 teams who participated. Out of those, 6 teams were chose for DemoJam. DemoJAM started at around 8 PM today. All the 6 finalists presented their demos. Out of 6 team, 5 team used HCP in their demo applications.Here are the main ideas from their demos:
1. StudyWare by InnoNoobs: Team of university alliances students developed a mobile app that helps students and universities to opearate better and track student performances. They uses SAP HCP, JAM and Build.JAM, and Build-. It gives students information about class schedules and their attentiveness in class based on heart rate and other vitals from their wearables. Study mode in the app tracks time students study out of class. It also gives you statistics based on data gathered. It also provides rewards for class presence or cut points for wrong behavior.
2. Liquid Workforce: Developed a web application to help researchers run their projects and find out resources needed for the project. They used SAP HCP, JAM, BlockChain and AI for Machine Learning, machine learning, natural language processing and SAP UI5. The application consists of recommendation engine, chatbot, collaboration, blockchain for protection of IP.
3. Better Education Application (B-App) by KeyTree: This app informs students about class schedules, events in campus, rewards them with Better Education Excellence Awards (BEERS) for good behavior, for example, turning up for lecture early and these rewards can be redeemed across campus or can be exchanged on marketplace to get service from other students. There is a leader board for these reward. They showcased a demo where student teaches other students physics using Virtual Reality objects and Launched rocket to hit the Mars. They used Hololens, SAP Jam, Open Social, HCP, gamification service, Cloud Foundry, and beacons.
4. Gen-E-US: The team of university alliances students developed a Robot intern called “Jenny” (based on Raspberry Pi) at SAP concerned by how much energy is wasted by her colleagues at work. Goal is to foster social responsibility in terms of energy usage. “Jenny,” the robot, gives recommendations about suggesting 5 star energy rating room based on previous data. They used Build, BusinessObjects Cloud, and SAP HANA
5 Health Information Tracking for Students — HITS: MisFitBits: This app provides Health information tracking system for students with capabilities such as leader board, activity summary, heart rate data, when student came or left classroom, suggestions for joining the study groups etc. They used HCP, HCP IoT Services, Analytics, HANA Design Studio, Jam and HCP Gamification service.
6. Click2Book: This team from Neptune Software and The Hershey Company built an IoT solution with predictive analytics. The app provides features such as scan room for occupancy and reserved section, display if room full, give session information such as replay schedules, tell temperature, humidity and other environmental room etc. It shores data in HANA on HCP and performs predictive analytics to figure out which keyword has highest density and based on that, it recommends the room for future. It used HCP IoT services,HCP, Fiori, and Predictive Analytics.
And finally the winner was- Better Education Application (B-App) by KeyTree
Top Picks for Thursday(9/22):
|Header 1||Header 2|
|8 AM to 10 AM||DEV262: Develop Business Services with Cloud Foundry on SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|8 AM to 10 AM||DEV263: Get Your Hands on SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Internet of Things Services|
|9.15 AM to 10.15 AM||DEV103: Cloud LoB Extensions with SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|9:15 AM to 10:15 AM||DEV202: Deep Dive on Financial Services on SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|9:15 AM to 10:15 AM||DEV106: Cloud Application Monitoring and Profiling: Implementation and Tools|
|10 AM to 5 PM||Show floor opens. Location: Hall G, Level 1. Explore zone. PODs: EZ39, EZ42, EZ43, EZ44, EZ45, EZ46|
|10 AM to 11 AM||DEV606: Develop an HTML5 App Within Few Minutes to Display Weather Information|
|10 AM to 11 AM||INT601: Publish OData Services and SAP Fiori Apps with SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|10 AM to 11 AM||INT826: Road Map Q&A: SAP API Management|
|10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||DEV201: IoT Developer Experience for Building IoT Applications Efficiently|
|11:45 AM to 12:45 PM||DEV101: SAP HANA Cloud Platform Now ? and the Road Ahead|
|2 PM to 4 PM||DMM263: Install, Deploy, and Use SAP ASE on SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|2 PM to 3 PM||ANP128: To Cloud or Not to Cloud: An Overview of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud|
|3:15 PM to 4:15 PM||TEC202: Develop Differentiating IoT Scenarios Using a Microservice Architecture|
|3:15 PM to 4:15 PM||INT103: Overview SAP API Management and SAP API Business Hub|
|3:15 PM to 4:15 PM||TEC216: SAP HANA: Sidecar Magic ? Bringing the Future into Your Current Landscape|
|4:30 PM to 5:30 PM||DEV102: Extending SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA with SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|5:45 PM to 6:45 PM||DEV203: Developing Cloud-Native Apps on SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|5:45 PM to 6:45 PM||TEC107: How to Innovate Your Business with SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|7 PM to 10 PM||SAP TechEd 20th Anniversary Bash|