SAP participated in IT Weekend in Kiev, Ukraine
On the 17th of September, 2016, IT Weekend Conference was held in Kiev, Ukraine. IT Weekend Ukraine is an international conference, initiated to help Ukrainian IT professionals to grow and develop.
There are several facts about IT in Ukraine:
• About 25 000 IT specialists graduate from Ukrainian universities every year;
• Ukraine holds the 4th position globally for the number of certified IT specialists;
• Ukraine holds leadership position together with USA, India and Russia;
Ukrainian office of SAP has about 80 employees. Half of them are in software development. Most of the developers work on MES (Manufacturing Execution System) systems. Also, Kiev team develops UI controls based on SAP UI5 technology.
This is the 4th time SAP Labs CIS participates in this conference. The conference helps us to support SAP image as a developer friendly company, raise awareness on our platform technologies, and share our expertise in such areas as digital transformation and Industrial IoT.
This year we delivered our viewpoints via:
• panel discussion,
• main stage speaking,
• Q&A and discussions with conference participants on the booth.
This year the panel discussion was devoted to the issues of digital transformation in Ukraine. Andrei Bievetski, MD SAP Labs CIS, took part in the discussion and shared SAP vision on digital transformation from the developer ecosystem perspective.
The vision is based on 4 main pillars:
1. digital transformation business framework
2. connectivity of all physical assets into the internet of things
3. digital platform in order to make the transition happen
4. and ultimately, a healthy ecosystem
Andrei also described real cases of digital transformation in Lufthansa and Trenitalia. The helicopter view on revolution going on in information technologies given by Andrei was supplemented by the profound report of Salih Goncu, SAP senior programmer. Salih has stressed the vital importance of connectivity of data sources, physical assets and production processes on the example of High Speed Manufacturing. Salih gave a speech on implementing buffers for High Speed Manufacturing with Connected Factory on the main stage and discussed the topic with those interested in getting deeper on the booth.
IT Weekend audience showed great interest in our topics and there were many valid questions.