Create Custom Self-Monitoring Templates
- In your browser, open the Self-Monitoring Templates Maintenance URL http://<Solution Manager Host>:<Port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wda_config_wizard?SCENARIO_TYPE=SELF_MON&sap-language=EN
- Select the standard SAP Template and click on “Create Custom Template”
- Custom the new Template according to your Business needs example: monitor only Production Diagnostic Agents (DAA), adjust the alerts thresholds, etc. and save it.
In the example below, I created one Custom Template with my per SAP Standard Template.
After you have created your custom templates, you need to assign the templates as default to Self-Monitoring.
- In the Self-Monitoring Templates Maintenance, select the Template Group that you want to change and click on Edit
- Click on the tab “Default Assignment” and assign the new custom templates.
Deactivate and re-Activate the Self-Monitoring
- Open the Solution Manager Workcenter -> “SAP Solution Manager: Configuration”
- Click on “Technical Monitoring” in the left panel and select “Self Monitoring”
- Select the step 3.2 “Self Monitoring Configuration” and click on “Edit”
- Select the line of “Solution Manager Self Monitoring” and click on Deactivate. You may see the status “Self-Monitoring is inactive”
- Click on “Configure & Activate”. You may see the status “Self-Monitoring is active”
Now you will see only the custom alerts/metrics on the “Alert Inbox”, “Self-Mon”