Splitting CTC into pay components and publishing complex pay structures in EC through the middleware “Dell Boomi”
With Employee Central being the core module for storing and providing data for all key HR transactions and end user usage, the need to have salary components in Employee Central has emerged as one of the most critical requirement.
The challenge faced currently is that there is no standard solution available to get salary components in Employee Central and in order to meet the above requirements, one has to manually upload the salary components in Employee Central and hence the chances of error are high and the solution appears unacceptable to majority of Indian clients who wants to eliminate need for manual data updation.
The solution to above requirement and challenge has been achieved in a very simple and effective way using the middleware “Dell Boomi”. In the subsequent section of this blog we shall explain how the middleware Dell Boomi can be used effectively to split total CTC in the backend into the following pay components and publish them back into Employee Central:
- Basic Salary
- House Rent Allowance
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Special Allowances
- Provident Fund
Illustrative Example and Steps
Example 1: The total CTC is 5 Lakhs and Bonus is part of CTC which is 10%.
Example 2: The total CTC is 1 Lakh and Bonus is part of CTC which is 10%.
Step 1: Complete the Hire action:
In Employee Central while hiring New Employee via “Add New Employee” in the Compensation Information portlet enter “Total CTC” and “Bonus” values manually as show in the screenshot below and click on Save to complete the action.
- The “Total CTC” and “Bonus” are two custom fields created in Compensation Information Portlet.
- Mapping both the fields (Total CTC and Bonus) the values can be fetched via Onboarding module which will be flow thru “Manage Pending Recruits” option. In this scenario user need not add the values manually.
Step 2: Interface will be executed in Dell Boomi based on scheduling in which the salary breakup is calculated based on the formulae provided as per business requirement (refer to examples above).
Step 3: The calculated values will be posted in the Compensation Information portlet in the respective pay components defined in the interface.
In the above screen, the sum of all pay component values is Annualized Salary and Bonus + Annualized Salary is Total CTC value.
Salary Break up Using Dell Boomi:
- Pick the Total CTC and Bonus values from Pay Comp Recurring using Compound Employee API.
- Break the CTC value into required number of pay components using the formulae.
- The values will be further Upsert to SFOData.EmpPayCompRecurring API for the respective Pay Components.
- The upserted values will be displayed in Compensation Information in Employee Central.
Below is the Dell Boomi Process with the calculation:
- Connection is placed with SuccessFactors system and querying the compound Employee API.
- System will further checks the Employee hire date if it is current date via Business Rule.
- Accordingly the Employee ID, CTC, Bonus field details picked from Compound Employee in a map and break the values as per the formulae.
4. Once the calculation is completed, map all the fields to SFOData.EmpPayCompRecurring request profile as shown in the below for upserting fields to Paycomp recurring portlet.
Below is the screen displays in Employee Central (sample).
- Writing rules for splitting CTC into pay components is a simple procedure in Dell Boomi.
- This solution has no impact on the speed and performance levels of the system.
- Helps Client leverage full use of Employee Central module and get salary components data.
- Client is dependent on the dell boomi consultant for any change and maintenance.
HCI being the future middleware and as per our current progress we shall try to replicate the same solution for HCI as well.