#saphcp at #SAPTechEd 2016: Highlights of Monday(9/19) and Top picks for Tuesday (9/20)
Did you miss live action at TechEd in Las Vegas this year? Don’t worry, here is a recap of all the main activities happened on Monday(9/19). Also find out the top picks to watch out for Tuesday (9/20)
InnoJAM started on Saturday evening and it went on till 12 PM today. Developers were busy coding overnight for straight 2 days. Most of the teams used HANA cloud Platform to build their applications. By 3 PM today, judges selected top 6 teams as finalists from all the participating teams and they will take the DemoJam stage on Wednesday. Please tune in on Wednesday at 8 PM to see live demos : https://goo.gl/JBu6ZM
It was loaded with different sessions focusing on HANA Cloud Platform. There were lectures as well as hands-on sessions on different HCP related topics presented by HANA Cloud Platform product managers. Here are links to Periscope recordings for some of the sessions-
Keynote by Bjoern Goerke: Recorded session will be available here within next 24 hours
What a unique entry to the keynote stage by Bjoern!!! He started with the importanc eof Digital core and Digital platform and then he followed with multiple live demos. He emphasized that HANA Cloud platform is the centerpiece for SAP’s Digital transformation strategy.
Here are some of the main demo topics that he showed:
– How to transition your SAP ERP application to S/4 HANA. Use maintenance planner
– How to use ABAP CDS development to build Fiori apps in S/4 HANA. Showed demo of metadata extensions and managing annotations.He showcased 800K lines of powergrid data coming out of back-end system, passing queries from front end down to SAP HANA in cloud
– Extend capabilities of S/4 HANA using HANA cloud Platform, cloud connector.
– Build SAP UI5 apps from scratch using SAP Web IDE smart templates. He showed that you can check unsaved business objects, transfer unsaved edits across devices and share with colleagues
– How to extract and replicate data from external systems using SAP HANA Smart Data Integration
– How to connect sensor data to backend data and build IoT applications leveraging that data and also build differentiating IoT scenarios using microservices architecture
– How to expose business data as OData services using SAP HANA Cloud Platform, integration service
– How to load data into HANA in cloud and visualize it on dashboards using SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
– Leveraging Geo spatial capabilities in HANA – power grid dashboard in Las Vegas
He also talked about Apple/SAP partnership
Also he announced release of SAP HANA Express edition for Rapid Application Development on a Personal Computer or in the Cloud
Also mentioned- New feature Content2Go–using HCP mobile services to push data from S/4HANA directly to mobile devices is going to be released in few weeks. More about it later.
At the end, he asked the audience to shake their smartphones that have SAP Accelerometer app downloaded on it. And showcased that with large audience shaking their phones, the real time change in energy meter is shown on the dashboard.
The keynote concluded with Bjoern singing LIVE onstage with SAP Jam Band!
Top picks for Tuesday (9/20)
|Header 1||Header 2|
|8 AM to 9 AM||DEV101: SAP HANA Cloud Platform Now ? and the Road Ahead|
|8 AM to 9 AM||DEV117: Getting Started with Geospatial Topics on SAP HANA Cloud Platform for Free|
|8 AM to 10 AM||INT263: Hands-on session for Building an SAP Fiori App Using APIs from SAP API Management|
|8 AM to 10 AM||DEV260: Hands-on session – Extend Your SAP S/4HANA Using SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|8 AM to 10 AM||DEV261: Extending SAP SuccessFactors Solutions and SAP Jam in the Cloud|
|10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||SAP Customer keynote by Irfan Khan. Watch live at: https://goo.gl/AnK0Pj|
|11:30 AM to 6 PM||Show floor opens. Location: Hall G, Level 1|
|12 PM to 1 PM||DEV827: Road Map Q&A: SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe|
|1 PM to 5 PM||ITM267: Lifecycle Management in a Hybrid Cloud Landscape (SAP Fiori, Cloud Edition)|
|1:30 PM to 2 PM||NET38700: Office Hours for SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Meet HCP experts and get your questions answered.|
|12:30 PM to 2:30 PM||INT262: Use SAP API Management to Integrate and Expose APIs from SAP Applications|
|1:30 PM to 2:30 PM||ITM212: Lifecycle Management for SAP HANA Cloud Platform Applications|
|1:30 PM to 2:30 PM||INT103: Overview SAP API Management and SAP API Business Hub|
|2 PM to 2:30 PM
||NET38849: Accenture Executives Talk About Healthcare App on SAP HANA Cloud Platform|
|3:45 PM to 4:45 PM||INT602: Mini-CodeJAM: SAP API Management with Cloud Business Applications|
|4 PM to 4:30 PM||NET38937: Bring Your On-Premise Documents to the Cloud with SAP Document Center|
|4 PM to 5 PM||TEC107: How to Innovate Your Business with SAP HANA Cloud Platform|