Load_to_xml function is used to load the XML script into single column.
When we need to load the data from XML sources and if we don’t have access to those sources, we can follow this method by loading the XML script into table and we can use that table as source.
We are doing a scenario where we are loading a XML Script from XML file into single column of table.
- Create project, job, workflow & data flow as usual
- Create a new XML schema as shown below
3. Select the XML Schema and provide the details as shown below
Format Name : Name
File name/URL : enter the URL where the file is located (Note: The file should be in XSD format)
Namespace : this field will show name automatically, drop down and select
Root element name : this field also will show Root element automatically, drop down and select.
4. Drag and drop created file into data flow and connect them as shown below
5. Open QRY_EXTR and create new output schema
6. Right click on created output schema and click on Make Current
7. Select book and map to output as shown below
8. Next open QRY_LOGIC and create new output column also map that column with load_to_xml function and enter the parameters as shown below
9. Save and Execute the job
10. Check the output