SAP API Business Hub Overview and FAQ
Since we launched API Business Hub in spring of 2016, we’ve had close to 1000 developers who have used the API Business Hub to discover and test SAP APIs. In the meantime, we’ve had several questions on the API Business Hub. In this blog and the attached presentation, I’ve tried to provide an overview as well as address some frequently asked questions.
What is API Business Hub?
API Business Hub (api.sap.com) is the central catalog of SAP and selected partner APIs for application developers to search, discover, test and consume these APIs to build extensions or integrations using the HANA Cloud Platform.
Who can use the API Business Hub?
Application Developers developing:
- extensions for LOB apps
- mobile applications
- new digital transformation applications
- developing integrations to 3rd party systems (A2A or B2B)
What problem does the API Business Hub solve?APIs across SAP solutions are heterogenous in terms of protocols, documentation and access mechanisms. Application and Integration Developers on the HANA Cloud Platform do not easily know the available APIs in various SAP systems (on-premise/cloud). This increases the total cost of extension /mobile app development. Additionally, it is hard to easily test APIs and build quick prototypes as developers may spend quite some time to get access to systems/tenants.
How does the API Business Hub solve this problem?
- API Business Hub lists all SAP and selected partner APIs for application developers to discover, learn and try out the APIs.
- A sandbox test environment allows easy testing of APIs.
- API Business Hub also integrates with SAP Web IDE for easy consumption of these APIs to develop Fiori extension apps.
Which APIs are listed in the API Business Hub?All SAP APIs
- S4 HANA,
- LOB Cloud – Successfactors, Cloud for Customer, Ariba etc.
Selected partner APIs.
We are in the process of adding more APIs each month.