Jumpstart HANA application development easily with SAP HANA, express edition
Free for up to 32GB of memory usage, the express edition does not require hardware certification and allows developers to experiment with SAP HANA, gain hand-on experience and demonstrate applications on their own computer or in the cloud. It delivers great value to our SAP Partners, as it lowers the cost of training employees and gives them the flexibility to use SAP HANA away from the office – while traveling or at customer sites. Most importantly, it opens the door to new ways of building and selling your SAP HANA powered applications. SAP HANA, express edition not only is free for developers, but is also licensed for production use, so that our Partners can build and sell their solutions, leveraging a free streamlined edition of SAP HANA.
To get started with SAP HANA, express edition is easy. Anybody can download it for free at: www.sap.com/sap-hana-express. There are two installation package options:
- Binary installation packages for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Virtual machine (VM) installation image for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, or other VM compatible operating systems – VM image includes a SUSE Linux environment
- Train users or employees to on SAP HANA.
- Deepen you knowledge or try something new, such as combining analytic with transactional processing
- Build cool apps and demonstrate them SAP HANA express edition – with or without an internet connection.
- Validate some concepts with customers and help them understand how you solution can deliver the best result on SAP HANA.
- Start developing an application with smaller dataset and retain the flexibility to expand your memory use or upgrade to a full-use SAP HANA edition when you need it.
Jean Safar, the Chief Architect, from Calypso Technology INC – a SAP ISV — said it best: “With this new starter SAP HANA express edition, we have been able to jumpstart our development immediately, using our existing personal computers. Additionally, the availability of the cloud offering and flexible upgrade options to full-use editions will help us further experiment and leverage SAP HANA to support our future technology innovation plans.”