I am pleased to announce the general availability of HA/DR feature for SAP Business Suite on SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise version 16.0 SP02 PL04. This version brings a lot of exciting features that have been highly anticipated.
In the new setup, a lot has changed (for the better). Some of the highlights of the new release are as follows:
- Additional replication modes are now supported with SAP ASE 16.0
- Synchronous Replication Mode (Hot Standby)
- Near-Synchronous Replication Mode (Hot Standby)
- Asynchronous Replication Mode (Warm Standby) – Also present in SAP ASE 15.7
- Only remote distribution mode is supported
- SAP Replication Server will be installed on the same hardware as SAP ASE 16.0 (co-located). No additional hardware is required.
- Additional features for monitoring SAP Replication Server using RMA (Replication Management Agent).
- HA/DR Configuration will be done using a command line utility called “setuphadr” which will make automation a lot easier than in the past.
HA/DR Architecture with SAP ASE 16.0 is as follows:
For more information, see:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise product documentation on SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 SP02 – SAP Help Portal Page
- SAP Note relevant to HADR: 1891560